Ugly look of "Upload->\" string

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Ugly look of "Upload->\" string

Post by *MVV »

Actually it is not a bug but interface nuance.

In copy to FS dialog there are two labels: first TC takes as 'Upload' + '->' + target_path, and second is 'Upload as:'.

I think 'Upload->\' string looks ugly (w/o spaces and '->' looks not very good), maybe it would be better to add separate language string like 'Upload to: %s' instead of merging dialog title with '->' and target path?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will add some space before and after the arrow. Sorry, it would take too long to contact all translators for another string.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Thanks, with spaces string looks better. But it would be great in future to see translated string.

BTW, I think that it would be easier to append path to edit box text than to append it to label.

Example: I have FS plugin folder \123 opened in target panel and drag a file myfile.txt onto folder 456 in that folder.

TC shows dialog 'Upload -> \123\456\'#13#10'Upload as:' with text 'myfile.txt' in editbox.

Suggested behaviour: TC shows old-style dialog 'Upload as:' but editbox contains text '\123\456\myfile.txt' (with just filename selected). So user still may change target path and name like when copy to normal panel. Then TC just passes entered path to plugin function. So,
+ there is no need to translate any string
+ user can change target path
+ TC doesn't need to append target path to edit text