a vital bug in 7.50a and 7.55 ???????

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Li Yongzhen

a vital bug in 7.50a and 7.55 ???????

Post by *Li Yongzhen »

a vital bug in 7.50a and 7.55 :?:
when I drag a file from a zip pack out into a dir of another pannel, if there exists the file, TC will rewrite it whether you CHECK the option 'Drag&Drop (copying files with mouse)' in TC's [Configuration|misc|Get confirmation before] or not.

if file is not from pack, TC will ask if rewriting current file.

I use win2k sp4 (english version)
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

[No bug]: Beware of the option [_] Overwrite existing files

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Li Yongzhen.

You may have overlooked it. Yet, the Unpack files dialogue box which T.C. will display offers an option [_] Overwrite existing files.

The behaviour which you describe suggests that in your Total Commander this option must be activated: [X] Overwrite existing files.

Untick this option [_] Overwrite existing files, please. And T.C. will ask for your confirmation before overwriting existing files when unpacking archives.

Note two things, please:
The option [_] Overwrite existing files will be automatically remembered across sessions.
The option [_] Overwrite existing files works totally independent of the settings in the dialogue Configuration => Options => Misc. => Get confirmation before (list of 5 items).

It has been this way for a lot of T.C. versions: T.C. 7.55, T.C. 7.50, T.C. 7.04 and very likely much older versions, too. So there is no bug, only an often ignored option in the Unpack files dialogue box.

Kind regards,
Karl
--
P.S.:
Please, cf. this suggestion: Handle UnzipOverWriteFiles Consistently
Li Yongzhen

Post by *Li Yongzhen »

hi,karlchen

thanx for your answer.
i got it