TC wrongly puts focus onto new folder in temp panel

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

TC wrongly puts focus onto new folder in temp panel

Post by *MVV »

Maybe it is so for any FS plugin, I didn't check it.

If I create single folder, all work fine - TC calls FsMkDir[W] and puts focus onto created folder.

But if I want to create more than one level folder TC doesn't set focus to created folder. E.g. I press F7 and type "12\34" and TC doesn't set focus to folder "12".

BTW, if I create subfolders like "12\34\12" (first and last names are equal) TC sets focus correctly.

Maybe TC should support intermediate folder creation for FS plugins too? Since it supports this feature for usual folder (i.e. has recursive creating function - it just needs to call another create directory function).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Hmm, creating multi-level subdirs in plugins isn't officially supported, TC just passes the name "as is" to the plugin. Therefore cursor placement doesn't work.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

But it works for paths like "aaa\bbb\aaa" (TC sets focus to "aaa" folder) so I see that TC tries to perform some kind of parsing entered path to get dir name. If TC will parse it from beginning (up to first slash or end of string) it will get right folder name to focus in any case, even if user creates more than one level folder.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's just because TC cuts of the preceding paths, e.g. when the user enters a full path like c:\aaa\bbb\ccc.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com