new ini setting for find files->find duplicate files

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kingsing

new ini setting for find files->find duplicate files

Post by *kingsing »

Hi I have a question can You add one setting to remember one option because every time when i want to found duplicate files i need to check "same contents" & uncheck "same name" & i need to change this every time so it's very annoying, can You change this to remember last choice?

Tnx:)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

You may setup needed search configuration and save search template, and then create buttonbar button (or user-command) using LOADSEARCH command to load saved search template with saved search options.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

kingsing wrote:add one setting to remember one option because every time when i want to found duplicate files i need to check "same contents" & uncheck "same name" & i need to change this every time
Support++.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
kingsing

Post by *kingsing »

Yea I known that I can create a special template but every time i change it i need to create a new one it's much more easy to create ini setting for remember my last settings then change it every time again & again:P

:)
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

+ I bet this idea +

Remember this options will be good idea, i also need change this very often:/

Regards
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Nice idea, support too. I don't even remember when I had to search duplicates by name, but I regularly search for them by contents.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
algol

Post by *algol »

kingsing wrote:Yea I known that I can create a special template but every time i change it i need to create a new one it's much more easy to create ini setting for remember my last settings then change it every time again & again:P
Sorry for being quite late "to the party" but I have tried to automate some searches only recently.

Why would you, in the above mentioned problem, have to create new templates time and again?

Just store one template with only the options you need all the time, in this case for instance as "FindDupes" with only the checkboxes in the "Advanced"-section set. Leave all other fields ("search for", "search in") blank and store the profile. When calling it, maybe via a button with "loadsearch", the "search in" field will be generated from the "active panel"-dir.

To "MVV", "Hacker" and the other experts:

When creating a button with "loadsearch", is it really not possible to immediately trigger the start of the search via that button-press?

Actually I have been searching the forum to find a method which would ideally - on press of said button - immediately execute the "loadsearch"-command and send the search results to a new panel automatically (like pressing <shift>'feed to listbox' after the search) - so far without success, as it seems.

Is there perhaps an analogous internal "runsearch" or "startsearch"-command, that I am unaware of?

The long talked about solution to start the file-search externally via command-line (again "buttonizeable") in a separate process of its own seems to be a mere item on the wishlist, still.

By the way: +++ Support +++ for the latter!

greetings
algol
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

algol,
is it really not possible to immediately trigger the start of the search via that button-press?
I don't think so (without AHK or similar).

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Hi, Any chance for this setting in 9?