Copy / Move / delete confirmation dialogs

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

BrainSlugs83,
Try TC 8.50, it postpones questions until end of file operation after first 5 seconds.
Iveco

Re: Copy / Move / delete confirmation dialogs

Post by *Iveco »

Sadly in 2020 this is still a thing.
Just done large copy task yesterday,

"do you really want to copy those dirs with more than 255 chars?" "do you want to keep the subfolders size lengths?"

@ghisler: I am using your tool for 15 years.
Please make it possible to copy F5 or F5+F2 without asking questions or confirmation of attributs, char folder sizes, in-use, cannot-move, etc. etc. dialogs on large copy or moving processes.
Last edited by Iveco on 2020-03-22, 07:33 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Iveco

Post by *Iveco »

I've added LongNameCopy=1 to my ini nowsome other ini hack.
I would prefer to have a simple confirmation button in the copy-dialog "do not disturb" instead of looking for all ini hacks in the forum.
Please think about adding this as a future for the GUI, simply give a quick checkbox, when checked, no confirmation dialogs are shown or everything is being copied/moved without questions. Especially when using queued copied commands (F2).
After all my usage of TCMD I went into this trap a lot of times ;-)
Norio Narita

Post by *Norio Narita »

I also would find it very convenient if we could have some way of configuring the defaults for the "Options" (aka "Advanced options") section in the Copy/Move dialogue box. As @Iveco indicates, it is especially important to have during F2 queuing operations. Perhaps I'm more demented than most, but there have been innumerable occasions where I have come back to my computer expecting a long copy/move process to have completed, except to find a dialogue box asking for confirmation. I think this is in part because those options revert back to the defaults for each copy or move operation. So, if I queue up 20 copy/move tasks, and forget to set the options correctly on just one out of the twenty tasks, the entire procedure grinds to a halt, waiting for my input.

However, unlike @Iveco, I wouldn't mind if there was only an "ini hack" available. As far as I can tell, there is no way (including through ini settings) to set the default for the "Overwrite/Delete read only/hidden/system" or "Skip all which cannot be opened for reading" options. It appears the only ones I can set defaults for are the main Overwrite options numbered 1 through 8 and the "Verify" toggle.

Is that correct, or am I mistaken?