Wrong message 'Do you want to close the connection...'

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Wrong message 'Do you want to close the connection...'

Post by *MVV »

I added to dir hotlist item with command 'cd ftp://anonymous:_@192.168.56.101/incoming/Development/' and I want to go to this folder using this item.

If I have no FTP connections, all work fine (username and password allow to disable password questions).

But if I already have this connection opened in another tab, TC asks to close existing connection. I think TC shouldn't ask for close connection if its address and username are same with address and username of already opened connection - TC may simply use existing connection.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try using a stored connection (via FTPOPEN). TC cannot know whether you want to keep this connection or want a new one with the above URL.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Well, it seems that using FTPOPEN I can't specify home directory (only specified in connection settings may be used).

I want to say that TC doesn't require to open more than one connection using same address and username at once. If I use FTPOPEN or cd command to list server files, TC may use existing connection with same address and username - it will have same permissions and restrictions but TC will save time because there is no need to establish additional connection.

It seems that topic should be moved to suggestions because it is not a bug but missing feature.