cd <filename> behaves unexpected

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ped

cd <filename> behaves unexpected

Post by *ped »

Hi,

If I type the following in the command line (using 7.55 beta 3)

cd "c:\Downloads\sftpplug097beta.zip"

I would expect TC to put the cursor on the file. However, it actually "enters" the file and shows it content. Is this really by design and if it is, what can do to just make TC put the cursor on the zip file?

/ Thanks in advance, Poul
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, ped.

Well, it all depends on what you expect. :wink:

By default, Total Commander treats archive files, among them ZIP-files, like folders. As a consequence the command cd "c:\Downloads\sftpplug097beta.zip" will enter the ZIP-file as if it were a folder.

It seems, however, that you cannot modify the behaviour of the cd command even if you configure T.C. not to treat archives as folders ([Packers] ZIPlikeDirectory=0). Hm ...

Kind regards,
Karl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, this behaviour is by design.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ped

Post by *ped »

OK -- I see that it (obviously) behaves as I would prefer on files that are not archives.

Anyway, what I want to achive, is to move TC's cursor onto a given file from a small 3rd party utility I am writing. I now programmatically send the cd-command to TC's command line and send an enter-keypress. As mentioned this is not suited for archives, so I wonder if there is a better (and perhaps prettier) way to do this (e.g. by using PostMessage or something...)?

Sorry if I am getting a little off topic here.