smartPhone's users

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Halmar

Post by *Halmar »

Firstly, thanks for the greatest shareware application ever, I bought WinCmd1.4 from you back in the days... 8)

And thanks again the plugin works like a charm exactly what I wanted. :lol:

I did install the wrong one, tcmdwince, went to the uninstall but could not, even with a little app that kills all runnning processes on the device. When I installed tcmdpocket.exe, it recognised the previous installation, ask to overwrite, which I allowed and it installed fine, but did not want to execute or uninstall. :(

I'll do another reinstall to see if it fixes anything, but as they say, only a crazy person will do the same thing and expect a diffrent outcome, but with these things you never know... Will let you know...

Thanks,
Hamar. ZA#16
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I know from several other users that Total Commander Pocket runs on Windows Mobile 2002.

Your device may be missing some dlls used by Total Commander Pocket, please check via ActiveSync and the Totalcmd Wince plugin. The dlls used by the pocket version are:
- coredll.dll
- ceshell.dll
- aygshell.dll
- winsock.dll
- commctrl.dll

And for the wince version:
- coredll.dll
- commctrl.dll
- winsock.dll
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Halmar

Post by *Halmar »

Thanks Christian. I checked, all files present under:
\\\Mobile Device\Windows.

Is there a difference between the common files in file version/size for the coredll, commctrl, winsock for Pocket and CE that I can check to verify, I would just like to make sure that I do not have an CE dll still stuck from my wrongly installed CE version that was possibly locked and not overwritten by the reinstall of the Pocket version? If it is the same files, just let me know and I will try and rename all TCMD files and reinstall so that they have to be recreated.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Halmar.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, Total Commander CE or Pocket do not install any of these dlls themselves, they are all operating system dlls. It's strange that it doesn't work then. Could you try to copy the cab file manually to the device, and double tap it there?

You can download it here:
https://plugins.ghisler.com/ce/cecmd.arm.cab
geraintwd

Post by *geraintwd »

Depending on the device and service provider, you may be able to get it application unlocked (so it will run unsigned apps) by your service provider. I have an Orange SPV C500 and Orange unlocked it via their website.

Hope this helps.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Depending on the device and service provider, you may be able to get it application unlocked (so it will run unsigned apps) by your service provider. I have an Orange SPV C500 and Orange unlocked it via their website.
Yes, but that's not the normal case - most users will have a locked phone, for security reasons (virus danger).
totfun

Post by *totfun »

Excuse me but I don't understand. There are a lot of programs that are not "approved" by Microsoft and they run perfectly good in my mpx200 with windows powered 2003 for smartphone 4.20.0 build 13349.
There is only a warning when you install them.

Is there a TC version "designed" for windows smartphone 2002?
Is there a TC version "designed" for windows smartphone 2003?

With smartphone 2002 I was able to run TC (I don't remember if pocket or CE version) but I could not use it. (Sensation: commands not responding as if they were designed for another kind of input)

A similar problem occurred with emu48ce, for example, in the same context.

Maybe was it designed for "another" kind of "windows mobile" or "ce" and not for "windows smartphone"?

By the way, as far as I know, Windows Smartphone edition is not equal to Phone edition, for example

Who knows more, or simply knows something different, let me know.

I miss so much TC on my smartphone!

Excuse me for my english

Totfun
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good news - the upcoming version 2.0 will also come as a separate smartphone version, for both smartphone 2002 and 2003! I had to change quite a lot to get it working, because of the missing touchscreen and different hotkeys.
totfun

Post by *totfun »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Good news - the upcoming version 2.0 will also come as a separate smartphone version, for both smartphone 2002 and 2003! I had to change quite a lot to get it working, because of the missing touchscreen and different hotkeys.
Very very good news! Thank you for your work!
Halmar

Good news indeed!

Post by *Halmar »

Thanks Christian, your new version fixed my issues that I had previously, it installed without any problems.

Much appreciated.
Halmar
totfun

Post by *totfun »

I use TC for smartphone to connect to a pc (wxp sp2 ftp server) via gprs. Thank you Ghisler for your work, again.

Do you know any tiny ftp server for smartphone?

Is it too hard to make something similar to pc parallel port connection between 2 smartphone via tcp-ip/ftp?

Exuse me for my English.

totfun
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not aware of any ftp server for smartphone, and they don't have any parallel port either. Try the "Send via infrared" instead, it should allow you to "beam" all selected files to the other phone.

I have written a serial port plugin, but not yet published it, nor ported it to the smartphone. Please let me know if you would need that. It might also work via virtual COM ports like infrared and/or bluetooth.
totfun

Post by *totfun »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I'm not aware of any ftp server for smartphone, and they don't have any parallel port either. Try the "Send via infrared" instead, it should allow you to "beam" all selected files to the other phone.
I know that there is no parallel port on a smartphone.
I just wanted to say that in the "internet connected smartphone A" Tc could act as an FTP server and in the "internet connected smartphone B" as an FTP client.

I talked about (PC) parallalel port connection only because in (PC) parallalel port connection there can be a TC acting in such a way as server and another TC acting as client.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, FTP server functionality isn't currently planned. You should be able to use any third party ftp server, though.
ero

Bug im Editor von TC/CE V.2.0?

Post by *ero »

Beim Editieren von Textdateien mit Sonderzeichen (z.B. "=" über die T9-Taste) verschwindet der Cursor, ohne dass das Sonderzeichen eingefügt wird. Ein weiteres Editieren ist nicht mehr möglich. Dasselbe Phänomen tritt generell auf beim Wechsel des Bildschirms, z.B. durch versehentliches Anklicken des Mediaplayers o.ä.

Kann man das abstellen? Ich verwende einen SDA von T-Mobile D.