Integrated Sumatra PDF based Lister plug-in (wlx)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

j wrote:For the third one - works here. Does it fail for all PDFs? Do they work with a original SumatraPDF.exe?
I was checking "Office Open XML Base Document" (14.1MB, 1901 pages) taken from:
http://openxmldeveloper.org/articles/GuidedTourOfSpecPart1.aspx

It seems that Sumatra has some problems with it too, so I will need to report bug on official forum. Thanks for reminding me about this check.

Last suggestion about t: it now opens TOC panel and sets focus within it so it is not possible to close it without clicking on document.

Could you implement additional shortcut (Shift+t) just for closing? Or maybe do not use single t at all?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Xnor

Post by *Xnor »

j wrote:I do not think that this is a trivial task. You may want to make a proposal/feature request on the SumataraPDF Issue tracker, as SumatraPDF has the same selection mechanism. Also this would definitely be out of scope for my "fork" and material for the upstream project. Nevertheless, if I find some time maybe I can spend some thoughts on it... because I would prefer an "Adobe-like" selection mechanism too. Maybe look at Issue 778 too.
I see, thanks for the answer. Since I never used Sumatra PDF, I thought it's already implemented. Don't need to bother about it them. ;)
j wrote:It uses the language of your operating system and defaults to English. So this behavior is intended (and also the same in the regular SumatraPDF). For reference see GetUserDefaultUILanguage as this is used to determine your OS language.
All right.
#201591 Single user licence
ND

Post by *ND »

Any chance of saving the configuration in the plugin directory instead of Total Commander directory? (files lsplugin.ini and sumatrapdfprefs.dat)

I have the TC plugins in a shared directory, and I don't like having to redo the configurations every time I switch to another computer. (Also, the TC directory may not be accessible to a restricted user account).

Also, TC plugins may be used outside TC (as long as this other application supports the plugin interface), and I shouldn't have to redo the plugin configuration with every other application.
aNDreas Bolotă
The truth always carries the ambiguity of the words used to express it. (Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune)
j

Post by *j »

ND wrote:Any chance of saving the configuration in the plugin directory instead of Total Commander directory? (files lsplugin.ini and sumatrapdfprefs.dat)
Actually it is "best" practice as it is now. The ini file is given by ListDefaultParamStruct::DefaultIniName and that location is used.
This is usually your profile directory as long as you don't use a global ini-file.

The sumatrapdfprefs.dat shouldn't be saved at all - this is definitely a bug and will be fixed when I get home.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

@j
i suggest not to use "force" in detectstr. I have exceptions when opening .exe in Plugins mode. Or- if you want "force"- you *must make autodetection of pdf by content.
j

Post by *j »

Alextp wrote:@j
i suggest not to use "force" in detectstr. I have exceptions when opening .exe in Plugins mode. Or- if you want "force"- you *must make autodetection of pdf by content.
Ok, I guess I'll add an auto detection rule then.
Thanks for the information.

Not having the doc at hand atm, is "force" and "ext" mutually exclusive? Or when you have "force" then you need to provide a detect string and "ext" is just an additional check?

(Yeah, yeah I RTFM when I get home ;-))
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

not mutualy exclusive.
If you have force, you must make autodetection not by extension. E.g.: you have "ext="exe"", and want to autodetect .drv files. For pdf: not needed.
j

Post by *j »

Alextp wrote:not mutualy exclusive.
If you have force, you must make autodetection not by extension. E.g.: you have "ext="exe"", and want to autodetect .drv files. For pdf: not needed.
On the other hand PDFs have a quite simple signature ("%PDF-VERSION") and there might be files that don't have a PDFs extension that are still PDFs.
Anyway, I'll make fix for it in on or the other way.
ehab

Post by *ehab »

OOOhhhh this is just Soooo fantastic, i use sumatra for my thesis project and i have so many ref's as pdf where i have a hard life opening and closing

until this comes around : )

thank Allah then thank you for such a treat.

my regards
ehab
#181344 Personal licence
j

Post by *j »

Another little update, fixes the detect string and the creation of the (unused) sumatrapref-file. Also the display mode is now persistant.
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

- not all btns have hints.
- About btn can show text in Edits, selectable. And: system backgnd color, not yellow ..
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

- if tool is actually hand, why it is not "Hand" cursor? When Ctrl pressed, can be chged to "I"
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2j
Looks like my issue is supposed to be fixed:
http://code.google.com/p/sumatrapdf/issues/detail?id=1013
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

To put to totalcmd.net, write to flint-inc.ru author.
j

Post by *j »

Alextp wrote:- not all btns have hints.
- About btn can show text in Edits, selectable. And: system backgnd color, not yellow ..
- if tool is actually hand, why it is not "Hand" cursor? When Ctrl pressed, can be chged to "I"
Most of the issues come from the original SumatraPDF. Buttons miss a hint, when there is no translation available (or when I made a typo...ehm).

It would be better to check if the problem exists with the original SumatraPDF Reader and open issues on their bugtracker. Those bugs should be fixed there (which does not imply that I could not make a patch for them too).
Alextp wrote:To put to totalcmd.net, write to flint-inc.ru author.
I did a couple of days ago. No reply yet.
fenix_productions wrote:Looks like my issue is supposed to be fixed:
Nice. I'll try to do a code merge this weekend.