Total Commander Edit Redirector

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

magz
You didn't say what version numbers of TC and TCER you have.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
magz

Post by *magz »

Flint wrote:magz
You didn't say what version numbers of TC and TCER you have.
Ah yeah sorry.
TCER v1.4
TC v9.0a
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

magz
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem.
Please, try starting TC with clean wincmd.ini, configure the editor to tcer.exe and try to edit some file(s). Will it happen then?

If it is still reproduced:
1. How exactly do you try to edit files — using standard Edit command (via F4 hotkey, or menu command, or what?), or some user-defined EM-command, button on the buttonbar?..
2. Do you select one or more files before editing, or try to open a single file under cursor without selecting it?
3. What kind of files are these? What are their full paths and names?
4. Does TCER work for you in other view modes (Brief, Comments, Custom columns)?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

magz

Post by *magz »

Flint wrote:Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem.
Please, try starting TC with clean wincmd.ini, configure the editor to tcer.exe and try to edit some file(s). Will it happen then?
I tried with the cleanest wincmd.ini I could imagine, this one:

Code: Select all

[Configuration]
UseIniInProgramDir = 7
But the result is the same error here.
Flint wrote:If it is still reproduced:
1. How exactly do you try to edit files — using standard Edit command (via F4 hotkey, or menu command, or what?), or some user-defined EM-command, button on the buttonbar?..
F4, but usually by pressing the "F4 Edit" standard button with a mouse leftclick at the bottom of TC.
Flint wrote:2. Do you select one or more files before editing, or try to open a single file under cursor without selecting it?
Usually I've tried with 1 file selected
Flint wrote:3. What kind of files are these? What are their full paths and names?
Any files.
I tried with .ini files first, example path name:
C:\totalcmd\Tools\TCER\AMD64\tcer.ini
Flint wrote:4. Does TCER work for you in other view modes (Brief, Comments, Custom columns)?
I only works in brief and thumbnail view.
Not in comments, custom or full view.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

magz
Sorry, I cannot either reproduce that or understand what exactly could go wrong. :( I'll have to build a version with lots of logging for analysis, but it'll take some time because I'm very busy these days…

In the meantime, could you please try setting GetTextMode parameter in the [Configuration] section of wincmd.ini to values from 0 to 5 and check whether the problem occurs with all of them, or just specific values? You'll need to restart TC after every change.

martinma

Post by *martinma »

Hello Flint,

I really like your launcher. :D But I have one minor issue. According to the release notes "support for starting by F4 from the Find Files dialog" was addded in version 1.4.0.0. However, when I press F4 on a file in the search results, I get the error message "No TC panel is focused!".

I am using Total Commander Edit Redirector 64-bit version, Total Commander 9.0a 64 bit with German localization and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 1607. I also tried with a fresh wincmd.ini and the sample version of tcer.ini. But the results were the same. The GetTextMode parameter is not set wincmd.ini.

Best Regards
Matthias
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

martinma
Sorry, I cannot reproduce it. To find out what's happening, I'll need to make a logging version which I intend to do for magz but still was unable to find time for. :(

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Same here, pressing F4 from within the search result dialog does not work, the error "No TC panel is focused!" is triggered. Pressing F3 however works fine, the internal lister or associated lister plugin is loaded with the file currently highlighted in the search result dialog.

A workaround for this issue is to use the "Feed to list box" ("anwenden" for German interface) function to have the search result transfered to a TC panel.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/syR9k3f.png
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Ah, I think I know what is happening… Loooong ago, just when the external Find in Files was added to TC I've reassigned my Alt+F7 for it. And much later, when I added support for F4 in this dialog I completely forgot that there is internal dialog as well and did not even try it. So, yeah… something for me to do.

sidefx88

Re: Total Commander Edit Redirector

Post by *sidefx88 »

It would be great to fix that ;)
I Love Total Commander!
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Oh, crap… I've fixed this a year ago and actually forgot to publish.
I'm sorry, I'll put it up soon. Until that, you can get the test version with this fix:
http://flint-inc.ru/files/mlang/tcer_1.4.1.0_test.rar

kenanunkesti

Post by *kenanunkesti »

Hi,

Can we define parameters in Redirector?
Ex: "notepad++ %P%S"
Your help thanks in advance.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

2kenanunkesti
No, templates like %P are specific for Total Commander and are not recognized by other applications, like TCER (unless such an application implements its own parsing of such templates, but TCER does not have it).

The readme file describes how to specify additional parameters for the editors, but they have to be fixed values, not expandable templates.

Mario_Pavel

Post by *Mario_Pavel »

Good day
I have Edit Redirector installed in Total Commander 10.0.
When I want to edit a file from the "File Search dialog" using the "Edit button" = F4, I get the error message "No TC panel is focused!".
QUESTION: Is there any way for it to work properly?
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

Did you read this thread? Or at least this page of the thread?
There is already a fixed version 3 posts above.