NiftyLink addon - Links using internal associations and more

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Juergen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Juergen »

Hi Bluestar,

yes, I'll be happy to include your file in the "lang" folder of the next NiftyLink release. The program then will automatically use your language file on Hungarian operating systems. For now, I've uploaded the Hungarian language file to my website. Thanks again!

Best regards, Juergen
My add-ons and plugins for TC: NiftyLink, mbox, Sequences
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Hi Juergen, fyi I just noticed that the latest niftylink_en.htm file doesn't include any information about the Log setting, as you explained before in this thread
In the [General] section of the file NiftyLink.ini, instead of "Debug = True", it must now read "Log = True". The log file is not created in the %temp% directory anymore, but in the directory where the currently used INI file is. The log file now contains slightly improved information.
Juergen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Juergen »

sgp wrote:Hi Juergen, fyi I just noticed that the latest niftylink_en.htm file doesn't include any information about the Log setting [...]
Hi sgp,

please look again. :)

In the niftylink_en.htm file of the current version 1.10, in the section "Settings in the INI file", paragraph a), it reads:
Note: If this section contains the entry Log = True, then NiftyLink writes information to a file named "NiftyLink.log" in the same directory, while executing a link. This information shows especially how NiftyLink searches for a matching internal association in Total Commander.
Regards, Juergen
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Juergen you're right. I didn't find Log=True under the [General] settings section so I assumed it wouldn't be mentioned further down as a note. Sorry for the confusion.
Juergen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Juergen »

Bugfix release 1.10a:
With previous NiftyLink versions, sending simulated keystrokes did not work in a special situation:
After NiftyLink had launched a target file named say "Foo.txt", it waited until there was a window in the foreground, the title of which contained the string "Foo", in order to send the simulated keystrokes to this window. But if the NiftyLink file was located in a directory named "Foo", and the user had double-clicked at this file in an Explorer window, then this Explorer window with the title "Foo" was in the foreground, and NiftyLink erroneously "assumed" it had to send the simulated keystrokes to this Explorer window. This did not work, and NiftyLink showed the error message "No matching command found in the [Go to page] section of 'NiftyLink.ini'.".
I hope my English description is understandable. Well, the bug is fixed now anyway. :-)

I have already started to work on the next version 1.20, which will be compatible with the 64 bit version of Total Commander (although NiftyLink itself still is a 32 bit program). Unfortunately I'm currently short of time, so I can't say when this version will be released.

Regards, Juergen
sgp

Post by *sgp »

thanks for the update!
sgp

Post by *sgp »

Juergen wrote:I have already started to work on the next version 1.20, which will be compatible with the 64 bit version of Total Commander (although NiftyLink itself still is a 32 bit program). Unfortunately I'm currently short of time, so I can't say when this version will be released.
Halo Juergen, any news on version 1.20 specifically for x64 Windows? I have upgraded most of my systems to x64 Windows and I really miss niftylink there. Plus I have hundreds of existing niftylinks that I can't start from TC or Explorer. On x64 TC Niftlink 1.10a displays the following error message when I click to create any new link file: "absolute path expected."
Thanks