Total7zip

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

alessio.71

Post by *alessio.71 »

Could be possible to add support for LZIP?
Thank you
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Total7zip supports all (and only) formats that 7-Zip supports, it is only a proxy library.

BTW there is a thread on 7-Zip sourceforge page regarding LZIP support.
Last edited by MVV on 2017-01-04, 16:01 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Ahu_Lee wrote:It says you can extract audio from flv files with it. When I try to do so I got an error message saying "Error in packed file ..\filename.flv". Why?

What am I doing wrong?
It works fine here, I can extract the audio part without problems
and play it seperately.
TC 9.0a x64
Total7zip plugin is Version 0.8.5.3
7zip 16.4
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

alessio.71 wrote:Could be possible to add support for LZIP?
Thank you
This is just a function of 7zip itself which the plugin uses.
If 7zip supports a format the plugin does it also.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Octopuss

Post by *Octopuss »

I've just discovered the plugin, but I don't understand the installation instructions.
What is a lister plugin and content plugin?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Octopuss wrote:I've just discovered the plugin, but I don't understand the installation instructions.
What is a lister plugin and content plugin?
I think you should check TC help and this wiki page first.
Packer plugins (.wcx files) - Packer plugins are used to pack/unpack/modify specific file types, usually archive formats.
File system plugins (.wfx files) - File system plugins are used via the Network Neighborhood. They usually access some remote system or a certain part of your PC which cannot be accessed via drive letters.
Lister plugins (.wlx files) - Lister plugins display special file types in the built-in lister as well as in the quick view panel (Ctrl+Q).
Content plugins (.wdx files) - Content plugins have several purposes: searching for specific file properties and contents, displaying of these properties in file lists, and using them in the multi-rename tool to add them to the file name.
Packer plugins work when you press Enter or Ctrl+PgDn on an archive and view/extract archive contents, or when you press Alt+F5 to pack files (there is a drop-down list there with available plugins).

Lister plugins allow Lister to show more formats that it supports directly. In case of archives I think it can show archive contents and some archive stats.

Content plugins may be used to search by/display file properties in columns, tooltips, search dialog, multi-rename tool etc.

This plugin is a WCX file that may be installed as WCX, WDX and WLX plugins (it contains functions of three plugin types). You need at least WCX one. Just enter plugin archive and TC will ask where to install plugin, then configure its XML settings file (type path to your 7-Zip installation).
Octopuss

Post by *Octopuss »

I'm not sure I understand.
I'd like to install the plugin so that I can work with 7z files in identical way to zip. Which one of the methods should I choose?

Also, how do I install the 64bit version of the plugin? When I open the archive, I am asked whether I want it installed, but that's apparently 32bit version.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

As I said,
Just enter plugin archive and TC will ask where to install plugin, then configure its XML settings file (type path to your 7-Zip installation).
Since the package contains both versions (x86, x64), both are installed.

Keep in mind that TC is able to unpack 7Z archives itself, but it will use plugin if you install it. Packing to 7Z is available via shell context menu (with standalone 7-Zip), or via TC pack dialog with plugin (Alt+F5). Self-extracting archives (EXE) may be entered using Ctrl+PgDn shortcut.
Last edited by MVV on 2017-03-07, 20:13 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Octopuss

Post by *Octopuss »

Ok then.
How do I make TC use the 64bit version though?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Why do you ask this question? Which TC version do you use? Does plugin work for you?

32-bit plugins may only be used from 32-bit TC, 64-bit plugins - only from 64-bit TC. So if plugin works in 64-bit TC, 64-bit version is used.
Octopuss

Post by *Octopuss »

Because I am friggin' new to all this, that's why.
32bit programs work under 64bit OS, so I had no reason to believe this would be any different.
Plus the ini file says
[PackerPlugins]
7z=C:\Program Files\Total Commander\plugins\wcx\Total7zip\Total7zip.wcx,
so it pretty much looks like 32bit version.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TC configuration files are written in both 32/64-bit compatible way, and 64-bit TC replaces .wcx with .wcx64 automatically in plugin paths. This is done to allow using both 32/64-bit TCs with shared configuration.

You can check with Process Explorer or Process Hacker which module your TC loads.

You can also remove .wcx if you only use 64-bit TC.
kesdoputr

Post by *kesdoputr »

Hello everyone,i'm using Total7zip 0.8.5.6 for wcx and wdx,but i have a problem about wdx.

I found that the upacked size and packed size seems only can show in bytes?Can it shows in kb or mb format?
The shows of encrypted solid etc..will be better by yes|no (now is +|-)

Is is possible to add some setting in Total7zip.xml to change the display?or there is other content plugin for archive file?
I used RarInfo.wdx before but this is too old and some contents can't show crorrectly.(It can show packed and upacked size in bkMGT3)

Thx for your watching.
Orochi

Post by *Orochi »

How does one create multivolume 7zip archives with this plugin?
It seems the configuration dialog does not save settings for split to volumes.
In fact the configuration dialog does not save settings for many other features either.
browny

Post by *browny »

Here was the topic about double dialogs: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=49194
I thought it was a TC's problem, but the author said otherwise.
In case the topic gets moved or anything else, below is the copy of the first message.
Windows 8.1, TC 9.12 64-bit, Total7Zip plugin

Open in one pane an archive (.zip, .7z), the opposite pane is a directory.
The archive had several megabytes of small files in subdirectories; but the important point was that re-packing operation should be long enough.
Select all (Ctrl+Gray *), press Alt+F5, change archive name if needed, press Enter to start.
There is 7z dialog, and after pressing Background button, the dialog could be minimized.
That leaves TC's 7z plugin dialog in the foreground with its own Background button. Pressing this button has no useful effect; minimize button sends the whole TC to the taskbar, not the dialog only.

Could this behaviour be changed to keep TC usable while plugin continued working in background?