tLister - what it is plus wishes for futur versions

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

I can add that the same problem persist at two other plugins:
Gif.wcx & Registry.wfx (I have send @ to they authors & waiting for replay)

After You create 64bit version of Total Commander, authors who wants 64bit version of plugins recompile them in newest vs2010 also with 32bit versions & they killed w2k support:/

@ we can say that microsoft killed itself support..

@2: the same problem also with ext4plugin.wfx but this plugin req additional msvcp100 & msvcr100 dll's maybe build in vs2008 will also work ok..

Regards
iana

Post by *iana »

Well vs 2008 and 2005 and 2003 with the SDK do support 64bit, it's Microsoft trying to force users to upgrade to 7 and above, devs should staticly link their plugins and when defining win versions _WIN32_WINNT they should use (0x0500).
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Hi

Here is src for tLister: http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/tlister.html

If anyone can rebuild in older vs i will check is it work at w2k

Regards
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Voilà! (Built with VS 2005).
krasusczak wrote:After You create 64bit version of Total Commander, authors who wants 64bit version of plugins recompile them in newest vs2010 also with 32bit versions & they killed w2k support:/
Yes, count me in :( I may consider to recompile my plugins in old VS 2005. But apart from you no one else complained :?
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

aaaa thx:D i will check this

@plugin works fine at w2k, but it's not designed for Win98 & crush

bw. i need to know how to do it by myself, i know some, even more then something about computers etc. but unfortunately i never program at c++ or anything just made simple scripts (except school of course tpascal etc:D):/// & now i know that was mistake..

tbeu wrote:Yes, count me in :( I may consider to recompile my plugins in old VS 2005. But apart from you no one else complained :?
Ahahaha i heard few time that i'm strange... buehehehe maybe this is why..

but for real many users use still old systems & they may have problems with this, but they just say ok too old etc.

i like when everything works fine, we can say that how many people will use you're soft now (optimality for as many os you can) as many people will like your soft & will used it in the future:)
immulite

Post by *immulite »

I have a lot of shortcut (.lnk) files. When I use QuickView(Ctrl-Q) panel, they can't be displayed by their target file but some informations about the .lnk file itself.

Can author add a new function that can parse the .lnk file and transfer the real target file to other lister?

Thank you.
iana

Post by *iana »

Can author add a new function that can parse the .lnk file and transfer the real target file to other lister?
You got the wrong page tlister only adds tabs to lister, btw check and see if you have LinkInfo.wlx installed cos that might be what you are seeing or try it out it's a great plugin, you can try universal viewer instead of lister as it opens the file behind the lnk and not the link itself.
immulite

Post by *immulite »

iana wrote:
You got the wrong page tlister only adds tabs to lister, btw check and see if you have LinkInfo.wlx installed cos that might be what you are seeing or try it out it's a great plugin, you can try universal viewer instead of lister as it opens the file behind the lnk and not the link itself.
Thank you, iana.

Yes, I have LinkInfo.wlx installed. It can only show some information about the .lnk file. It can't transfer the real target file to other lister.

I know universal viewer. I think it can only shows up in F3 view but not Quick View(Ctrl-Q).
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

2immulite
Did you try CopyLinkTarget plugin?
immulite

Post by *immulite »

krasusczak wrote:2immulite
Did you try CopyLinkTarget plugin?
Thank you krasusczak. Thank you for your advice.

Yes, I have this plugin.

CopyLinkTarget is my favorite plugin. It is wonderful to access the target folder of a folder shortcut.
However, there are too many key stroke when I quick view a file shortcut,
Ctrl+Up, Down, Ctrl+W.
It is really a trouble if there are hundreds shortcuts in one folder.

So I hope there is a simple method to quick view shortcut.
iana

Post by *iana »

Universal Viewer will show the file behind the link, and it supports lister plugins, in wincmd.ini you can set it as external editor so when hitting F4 the selected file will open in UV.
immulite

Post by *immulite »

iana wrote:Universal Viewer will show the file behind the link, and it supports lister plugins, in wincmd.ini you can set it as external editor so when hitting F4 the selected file will open in UV.
Thank you iana.

I seldom use F4 and F3 key. If I want to leave Total Commander to view a file, I press Enter key.

I wish the QuickView Panel has the ability to show the file behind the link. So I can preview these shortcuts in QuickView Panel smoothly.

I hope author of tLister can help to develop this feature. Thank you.
TW

Post by *TW »

is there some nice user who is able to compile this as x64?

i wish i could do it myself... :(
licenced and happy TC user since 1994 (#11xx)
iana

Post by *iana »

a tad late to this conversation but I tried compiling this to x64 with bad results
I guess there is a reason the author didn't release a 64bit build
when using on x64 tc, tlister hides/destroys lister's menu bar and menu commands.
maybe someone more knowledgeable can fix the 64 bit port as this plugin seams abandoned
this plugin is released under the gpl v3 (it's in the source zip) so editing it's source should be fine.

here's a copy of the wlx64 I managed to create, it's problem is that it makes lister's menu useless
https://mega.co.nz/#!S8BVDZ5Z!uQj4nUEO1xxJiTfDmrzpQ4XGGoBoig4ooLDcZuwvCJk
could this be a lister bug?

a link to tlister on totalcmd.net where the source is hosted
http://totalcmd.net/plugring/tlister.html
TW

Post by *TW »

thanks. :)
when using on x64 tc, tlister hides/destroys lister's menu bar and menu commands.
yes, i can confirm this, the same here. :?

ah well, in the mean time i switched back to TC x86.
but even there tlister has problems, at least together with imagine i can't close lister using escape key.
although i have a feeling, this once worked, so this might be a problem at my end, but i can't locate it.
licenced and happy TC user since 1994 (#11xx)