Content plugin to know a file encoding ?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kad

Content plugin to know a file encoding ?

Post by *kad »

Hello,

Just a short question, to ask if there is a content plugin (or another way), to display (or at least to know) the encoding (unicode, unix...) of a file, in TC ?

I'm used to work with text/xml/php files which could be encoded in different character encodings, and even if I can know which one it is for a specified file, by opening it with UltraEdit, for instance, I'm looking for a way to see directly in Total Commander, which file is using Unicode, and which one isn't.

Hoping I'm clear enough, thanks by advance for your answers, and for fogiving me for my English (I'm French).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I can't find any on totalcmd.net, maybe you can use script content plugin and write corresponding script manually...
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Maybe Codepage plugin.
In the only field shows the CodePage encoding a text file defined by the first 64 characters - RTF, UTF8BOM, UTF8, WIN (Windows 1251 ), KOI (KOI-8R ), DOS.

Or Codepage_Utility - find file names with characters from a different code page.