Bug when copying files + suggestion

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

xaviermdq

Bug when copying files + suggestion

Post by *xaviermdq »

Situation:
I'm in root folder with System folder selected. Tap the copy/move icon. Tap "Copy" to copy to sdcard/backup folder.
Copying starts fine. When a file cannot be copied, an alert appears ("Cannot access file!").
Suggestion:
A way to tell TC a default action (OK) to avoid this alert on every inaccesible file.
Bug:
My phone is configured to turn off display after 30 seconds of inactivity (energy saver state). When press End button a lock screen appear. I tap on unlock icon and
return when I was before. The problem occurs when:
- Started copying files
- Phone enter in energy saver state
- Inaccessible file alert ocurrs
When I unlock the phone, I'm in the TC file listing and not in "inaccesible file" alert. If, in this situation, I want to copy files, the "Copying" window appear but without inactivity (TC freezes).
I hope you can reproduce this bug and sorry for my english.
Regards,
Javier
LG Optimus Me P350G , Android 2.2
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Strange, I'm using a modal dialog, so it should appear in front of the program. :(

Maybe I can somehow prevent the screen off while an operation is going on...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
xaviermdq

Post by *xaviermdq »

Hi Christian:
Both windows are modal? (the copying window and the alert window?)
Because all works fine if the alert window don't shows up (when it come back from energy saver state, the copying window is still there)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, both are modal. I tried to simulate what you get, but couldn't reproduce any error on my HTC desire: When I press the Home button while still copying, and then return to TC via task manager (long click on Home), the error message is shown just fine. When I turn off the device via On/Off button and then turn it on again, the copying was paused and continues where it had been interrupted.

Maybe you can do this too: Start the copying and then press the Home button, then wait a while before you return to TC. The next beta will support a "Skip all" option.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com