[BUG] Moving file damages the source if cancelled

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Aleq

[BUG] Moving file damages the source if cancelled

Post by *Aleq »

Hello,
first, allow me express my gratitude for the Android version of Total Commander. It is far the best Android file manager.

I'm running the RC-1 and I have found a bug. I initiated a directory move (3 files inside, one with size 1,5GB) and as I realized I'm not sure if there is enough space on the card (target) and that I'm not sure if TC/Android checks for free space, I decided to cancel it and delete some folders there. The problem is after I pressed cancel, the source 1,5 GB file became 0 B in length. It was lost, completely.

Thanks, Best regards,
Aleq
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will check it, thanks for the warning. If you don't have the file elsewhere, you should mount the phone immediately as a harddisk and use a recovery tool to recover the deleted file.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I could indeed reproduce your problem: Normally, the source file is first copied and then deleted when moving to a different drive/card. In case of a copy error, the delete step is skipped. Unfortunately aborting did not trigger an error, so TC assumed that the file had been copied successfully.

The error has been fixed in Total Commander 1.0 for Android RC2, which is available now. Thanks for reporting this error so quickly, it was just in time before the release of RC2.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Aleq

Post by *Aleq »

No need to recover the file, I have it on desktop as well. It's great to hear it's fixed already. Thank you!