DiskDir Extended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Sorry, it is not DiskDirExtended trouble, it just occurs only with DDE archives (don't know why). It was GAUP plugin (yeah, again, and another version).

But, how DDE checks if this archive is supported? Maybe problem is that DDE has no function CanYouHandleThisFile implemented?
Last edited by MVV on 2010-06-20, 09:47 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You mean this one?
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/gaup.html

Can you send me a sample archive for testing this problem, please?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TrePe, there is some inconsistency with TC 7.55, your plugin and GAUP plugin. Please read following post: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=205114#205114. It would be great if you can do something to prevent such bugs.

If I disable UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXs, all works fine. BTW, I have UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXsExtensions=7z,exe so I don't know why GAUP plugin is loaded when I'm entering DiskDirExtended archive (actually it is strange why it is loaded on every folder change on USB stick after first enterind DiskDirExtended archive).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Maybe it was suggested already but I think it would be useful to set lisf of WCX plugins to use with UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXs - e.g. I want to use only specific WCX plugins with this function so it will speed operation up.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2MVV
You can already do this in the packer configuration dialog of the plugin.

Btw, in the next version of Diskdir Extended, the plugins will be loaded only in the PackFile function, not when the plugin loads.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

ghisler(Author) wrote:You can already do this in the packer configuration dialog of the plugin.
Don't know how. If I remove gaup from ListAlways, DiskDirExtended still loads it since I have UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXs enabled - here separate setting might be required. Personal extensions for installed plugins would be even better (e.g. SomeParameterName=7z,exe:multiarc;umx:gaup etc, existing UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXsExtensions parameter name can be used to handle old and new formats). It would speed up process if user has a lot of plugins.
ghisler(Author) wrote:Btw, in the next version of Diskdir Extended, the plugins will be loaded only in the PackFile function, not when the plugin loads.
That sounds great. For already loaded plugins there won't be time waste at all.

BTW option UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXsExtensions doesn't working for me again... Hope it is not because of Win7x64. I have SFX CAB/7Z archives (e.g. Opera_1053_ru_Setup.exe) and it doesn't list them... UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXs is enabled, UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXsExtensions=7z,exe (with empty UseCanHandleThisFileForWCXsExtensions same thing). I have 7zip.wcx and multiarc.wcx with 7Z and CAB support installed and all plugin extensions in [Packer] section of wincmd.ini are in lowercase (current DiskDirExtended requires them in lowcase). Of course, I can enter theese archives by Ctrl+PgDn.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TrePe wrote:Updated version of DiskDir Extended is on TC website.
Thank you again
Thanks:) BTW I think you should update your plugin on totalcmd.net too. :wink:
szabibacsi

bug report: file size miscalculation

Post by *szabibacsi »

I created a filename with these special characters: éáűőúüöüó.txt

This file is represented in the lst file as: éáuoúüöüó.txt

If it is inside a folder then the file size is zero, if it's in the root node then it is 54577955406430281

btw total commander handles non-ansi special characters badly, so it may be a problem with TC, but a warning would be nice.

As a sidenote - probably it is already known - archives inside archives are represented as folders, which clearly shows how the lst format is not capable of dealing with these situations (or at least its painfully hard on a code level: to keep track of the topmost archive container). Regards:

Szabolcs
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Hi, TrePe, when I delete all files from DDE archive and add new files into, plugin shows message with question:

Code: Select all

You chose to list 8 columns but this file has 1 columns.
Do you wish to keep file's number of columns (1)?
Please add an option to remove this question. E.g. I'm always use DDE archives with full info about files so this question is very annoying.
fg_2002fr

Post by *fg_2002fr »

Hi,

is there a x64 version planned for this plugin?
or are the sources available ?
TrePe

Post by *TrePe »

You can find 64bit version on totalcmd.net. I had to drop ISO support by now as it did not work with 64bits.

I also found out why my plugin can not "talk" to 7z plugin and the like - they are unicode version only. So the next step for me is to implement unicode support.
TW

Post by *TW »

thanks for porting this to 64bit! will test it later. :)
licenced and happy TC user since 1994 (#11xx)
Alinda

64bit version crashes

Post by *Alinda »

Just tried out the 64bit version. This extension was the only reason I kept 7.56a around, so I was quite excited.

First I tried entering lst files, that worked brilliantly. Everything shows just like they should.

Then I tried to create a lst file, about 2 seconds after hitting ok on the packer dialog, complete TC8.0­ß24 64bit crashed. I don't know what additional information I can give, but making lst files does not work.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

I found that the option List archives in settings must be switched off.
Then it works for me.
Joe_Cool

Post by *Joe_Cool »

Certain CAB files seem to crash the 64bit version of the plugin. With the 32bit version it works fine. Can't tell which ones though. I just noticed unticking .CAB solved the crash for me.