How can I access files from other devices on the local network?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sjlouis

How can I access files from other devices on the local network?

Post by *sjlouis »

Hi,

I have been using Total Commander for years and I am very satisfied with it, but I should like to access files from other devices on my local network such as the PC, Internet box and video recorder from my smartphone.

I've seen that file managers like the standard one I have on my phone do it easily even though it's a very basic manager.

It offers several locations: telephone, memory card and network neighbourhood. It's the latter that interests me.

It can access, via the names of the devices it displays, the shared folders of the PC, those of the box and those of the recorder. for the latter it is necessary to enter the user and password.

I didn't find this function in Total Commander. So I tried again with the Wifi/Lan plugin module but I can't do it. I have to open this application, it is not integrated into Total Commander (or I couldn't find it), then I have to enter the IP addresses, which is not practical even though it could search for device names on the network. For the PC which is in DHCP, I don't know how to do it except to give it a fixed IP address :( . For the recorder which has a fixed address, I don't have a screen to enter the user name and password, so I can't access it, and for the box, I would have to search for its IP address.

If anyone knows how to do it :D .

Thanks.
Hacker

Re: How can I access files from other devices on the local network?

Post by *Hacker »

Moderator message from: Hacker

Moved to the Android forum.
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How can I access files from other devices on the local network?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

To access PCs, I would recommend the LAN plugin - it can access shared folders on Windows PCs and Linux (via Samba server).

The WiFi/WLAN plugin is a Web server and WebDAV server. To share files and folders, select them in Total Commander, then click on the copy button (second from the left in lower toolbar) and click "via Wifi".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com