New: Windows Media Audio v2 (MTP, PlaysForSure) plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The plugin has been updated to version 0.6, please download it from the first post.

What's new:
1. Uploads should work now. I had to send the size of the file to the player before sending the data, otherwise it fails with some players.
2. Players which do not report a "friendly name" will now be shown as "USB1" or "Device1".
3. Sending ID3 data like artist, title etc. didn't work properly either.
4. Some caching problems are fixed.

What I could not fix yet: Some players seem to ignore the timestamp I send to it. What's worse, some players report completely invalid timestamps for files. I have to investigate this more, but it seems to be a problem of these players. The explorer also shows these wrong timestamps, as well as my old plugin...
When copying already existing file to player, in overwrite dialog the timestamp of the target on player is very odd: 31/12/2559 60:16:60.
Are the timestamps in the file lists correct?
If I attach my Canon Powershot camera to the USB port of my Win 7 x64 pc, it turns up in MediaAudio2 (but not in the old MediaAudio)
Does it have audio recording capabilities?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Does it have audio recording capabilities?
Yes, when recording movies, but not audio alone AFAIK.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Tested with 0.6 and these are the results:

- Upload of files now succeeds, file sizes are correct
- When checking songs on the player, I see the real file name in stead of the song title from the tag; e.g 01. Once.mp3 in stead of Once. The tag itself is correct, I've checked that. When copying using MediaAudio1 plugin this works fine. Downloading the same file again shows correct tag with correct title.
- I do not see any timestamps in the file list shown, also never for the MediaAudio1 plugin. This might explain the odd timestamp, the player reports a NULL or something. Likely due to the player itself.

Regards, EricB
Last edited by EricB on 2011-12-19, 22:36 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

when copying files TO the memory card, the file date is set to current date and time plus 1 hour.
This still applies for my memory card (not Mp3player) in beta0.6.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

petermad,
Some Canon cameras allow recording short audio notes for images.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

My Canon IXUS 85 IS does also not show timestamps in the file list. I've tried uploading a file to the camera, but that fails with an 'Error uploading file'. And Hacker is right: indeed it is possible to add a sound memo to a picture. Only found this out just now :)

Regards, EricB
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

If I attach my Canon Powershot camera to the USB port of my Win 7 x64 pc, it turns up in MediaAudio2 (but not in the old MediaAudio)

But at the same time the entry for my Memory card reader (Sd-kort 8gb) gets replaced by some very long dir-name - see: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/mediaaudio2.png
This still applies - and the "folder" with the long name is not accessible.

Furthermore size and date for the files on the Canon PowerShot camera are not shown for the files - but that is also the case if I access the folder using cm_OpenDrives.

I cannot copy files to the camera (according to a Windows dialog I don't have the permission to do it) - but I can copy from the camera and delete files.
License #524 (1994)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I cannot find such a feature on my camera - but it is only a cheap A490, so that doesn't supprise me.
License #524 (1994)
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

petermad wrote:
I cannot find such a feature on my camera - but it is only a cheap A490, so that doesn't supprise me.
I haven't tested latest version but try with CHDK. There is some version for A490.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

petermad wrote:
Even my A400 allows this:
(View image) - MENU - Sound Memo... - SET - SET
wenntel

Post by *wenntel »

Tested on my Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone
(setup: plugin v0.6, TC8b13, Win7-32bit, SGS2 w. android 2.3.3

I find it works better than using the regular treeview as the plugin shows the data/time were as treeview doesn't. So thank you very much mister Ghisler.

minor issues:
1. After coping files form EXTERNAL to PC, and doing a filecompare, TC can't find the files when the focus is on the EXTERNAL file. When starting with focus on the PC file, the compare works, and after that a reservse compare is also possible.

2. When doing Filecompare (EXTERNAL file with PC file), starting with focus on EXTERNAL file, the focus doesn't return to the EXTERNAL file when done.

3. show icons for filestypes in the plugin but not the icons for External devices (phone icon, card icon)

4. Properties of files (right-clik-menu) shows no info (with Files: shows empty "version information" popup, with Folders: does nothing)

and in general:
5. I noticed that you don't add file version information/description in your plugins. I would prefer you do as this makes it easier to check if a plugin is up-to-date, using either the FileInfo plugin by Francois Gannier or the TC Plugins manager tool by Alexey Torgashin.
Most plugins add file version information as if it were a normal application/DLL
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Even my A400 allows this:
(View image) - MENU - Sound Memo... - SET - SET
No such feature here - I don't think the size of the model number really says much about the quality.

As you can see the Play Menus for A400 < http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/canon400.png > and the A490 < http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/canon490.png > are pretty different.
License #524 (1994)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Upload of files now succeeds, file sizes are correct
Fine!
When checking songs on the player, I see the real file name in stead of the song title from the tag; e.g 01. Once.mp3 in stead of Once. The tag itself is correct, I've checked that. When copying using MediaAudio1 plugin this works fine. Downloading the same file again shows correct tag with correct title.
The interfaces are quite a bit different, so I'm not quite sure what I should change. There is one field "Display name", but this is usually set to the file name (with or without extension). I can try to set it to something else, maybe to the Title name or Artist - Title?
I do not see any timestamps in the file list shown, also never for the MediaAudio1 plugin. This might explain the odd timestamp, the player reports a NULL or something. Likely due to the player itself.
It seems to depend on the player.
I cannot copy files to the camera (according to a Windows dialog I don't have the permission to do it) - but I can copy from the camera and delete files.
Some devices do not allow uploads.
1. After coping files form EXTERNAL to PC, and doing a filecompare, TC can't find the files when the focus is on the EXTERNAL file. When starting with focus on the PC file, the compare works, and after that a reservse compare is also possible.
Does the name on the device differ from the name on the PC? In this case, you need to select each file you want to compare.
show icons for filestypes in the plugin but not the icons for External devices (phone icon, card icon)
I'm not aware of any functions which can get them...
Properties of files
Sorry, currently not supported.
I noticed that you don't add file version information/description in your plugins.
Sorry, I always forget to update these, so I better leave them out.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

The interfaces are quite a bit different, so I'm not quite sure what I should change. There is one field "Display name", but this is usually set to the file name (with or without extension). I can try to set it to something else, maybe to the Title name or Artist - Title?
(Song) Title is the usual field shown here. Currently the file name is shown for the Title tag, when I check the details of a song on the player. Fields like Album and Artist are correctly shown.

Edit:
I see I was not completely clear in my previous post: the Title tag is correct only after downloading the song (checked with anytag plugin).
/Edit

My Creative Zen is completely dependent on tags for correctly showing info. Any way I can debug the return value of the player when a date/timestamp is requested? Possibly it is not returned at all because everything is tag-based, which would imply that timestamps are unimportant (in the context of the player).

Regards, EricB
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was using Explorer to check the tags of the uploaded files, and the Title tag is sent correctly to my player. Can you check that in Explorer too, please?

It's possible that your player uses the "Display name" as the title instead of the "Title" field.