USB link data cable connection issue

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

I've already did so - no changes were logged...
#146217 personal license
dadreamer

Post by *dadreamer »

AntonDudarenko

Have you solved this problem? I recently bought similar cable: UANC22V7 ( gmb-online.nl/item.aspx?id=6676 ) (supports Win XP, Vista & 7). It works fine with original software GO! Suite which is included in manufacturer's driver ( gmb-online.nl/Repository/6676/UANC22V7_driver---73c27d77-933b-4963-b62f-e1962aa63f52.zip ). But I cannot get it working in TC. When I do following activity : Net -> PORT Connection To Other PC... -> Test -> USB, it gives me error message "Could not load port driver!" Same message in Client/Server modes... I checked winusb.dll in my system32 directory and it presents there. I tried also downloading and installing Windows Driver Kits (WDK) but nothing changed. winusbtest.exe also gives an error: "SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces failed! GetDevicePath failed! WinUsb_Initialize failed with error 6! Tests complete, press ENTER to close".

Why TC cannot connect to USB port? Is it related to cable driver? Or it is some sort of a bug?.. I have read the whole topic but could not understand how to solve the issue. By the way I made my tests on Windows XP 32-bit (SP3).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

As described above, you need a very special cable used for the "Microsoft Easy Transfer" software. A cable which only works with its own software cannot be supported because Total Commander cannot "know" how to talk to the cable - there isn't any standard. The only existing standard is this Easy Transfer cable, therefore only such cables can be used.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dadreamer

Post by *dadreamer »

ghisler(Author)

Thank you for reply! But you also wrote above the following:
This cable has not been tested with Total Commander. See
ghisler. com/cables/
for a list of officially supported cables.

However, according to my searches, the cable should work.
And AntonDudarenko wrote after your post:
yes - both programs - original tool = Go!Suite and MS's the Easy Transfer software were able to see and to use this cable.
I don't have W7 at the moment and can't test Easy Transfer software properly. I tried it with XP + XP and programs don't see each other. Maybe XP + W7 really works as said above. In addition, I didn't see 3rd party drivers anywhere on PC, just those of Windows. GO!Suite uses several exe files to establish connection, display errors, synchronize files, browse files structure etc. But no alien libraries. I really think, the problem is in TC because it displays error while connecting to USB without cable and installed GO!Suite.

update:
Tested this cable on W7 x64 & XP x32 with Windows Easy Transfer. Could not get this program able to work. It just displays "Connecting" and that's all. Tried different USB-ports and differents sequencies of run... It seems, the cable has some specific protocol or method of communication. Well, it's time to reverse-engineer that OTi stuff :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It will not work in TC as long as you only install the copy program coming with the cable. You need to install the Microsoft Easy Transfer software on both computers, and then check whether it sees the cable or not. If yes, then you can use it also with TC. If no, there is no chance to make it work.
dadreamer

Post by *dadreamer »

ghisler(Author)

I already did it and no -- neither TC nor Windows Easy Transfer itself ain't working with this cable. Currently I have almost done dubugging of GO!Bridge (tool for exploring remote files/folders, copying, deleting etc.) and can do these things programmatically. If you find this info useful, I can post it here.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It would of course be very interesting to see how it works, but I guess that this would work only with this specific cable, not with any other proprietary cables. That's the great thing about the Easy Transfer cables, there is a documented API which works with all these cables.
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

Please tell me, if you know, if this cable is adequate for Easy Transfer?

Manhattan 365925 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 File Transfer Cable USB A Male to USB A Male 2 m (7 ft.)

http://www.citrusmicro.com/Manhattan-365925-p/365925.htm

Also I found Belkin's link broken from ghisler.com
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, a quick Google search for
"Manhattan" "365925"
seems to confirm that it's a Windows Easy Transfer compatible cable.

See this link.

Are you interested in testing it? If yes, I would sponsor you the cable if you send me a photo of the cable and allow me to publish it on
http://www.ghisler.com/cables/

If not, maybe someone else would be interested in testing this cable.
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Yes, a quick Google search for
"Manhattan" "365925"
seems to confirm that it's a Windows Easy Transfer compatible cable.

See this link.

Are you interested in testing it? If yes, I would sponsor you the cable if you send me a photo of the cable and allow me to publish it on
http://www.ghisler.com/cables/

If not, maybe someone else would be interested in testing this cable.
Thank you!

I will buy and I will test this cable.
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks! Please contact me by e-mail with the price including shipping and the way how you would like to receive the compensation (Paypal, bank transfer, Western Union).
eugensyl
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *eugensyl »

eugensyl wrote:
I will buy and I will test this cable.
The cable is compatible and the speed is around 14-15Mps both for big files and for smalls and many.

I am curious if exist this kind of cable for USB3...
My Best Wishes,

Eugen
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

2eugensyl
Nice, please contact me and send me a small picture of the cable (made by yourself) for my list of cables. Please also let me know the price and how I can compensate you (bank transfer, paypal or western union).
sunset

No USB port connection detected with Windows 7 32bit

Post by *sunset »

Hi,

sorry to return to an old issue from Jan 2011 but for me the problem is not soved an I get the message too on a Win 7 32bit system: Cannot laod port driver.

I try to connect a Win 7 64bit with a Win 7 32bit PC. On the Win 7 64bit system the port driver loads on the Win 7 32bit system not.

On this PC I miss the registry entries, which should be in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\KnownDevices

I tried to install the original Microsoft Easy Transfer, but this works only on Vista and not on a Win 7 system.

How can I force Win7 32bit to write the USB port into the registry?
sunset

Post by *sunset »

Additional information:

The problem that the port driver cannot be loaded only appears, if I choose the button "Server" at the PC port connection and that problem ist on both Win 7 PCs 32bit and 64bit.

If I choose "Client" on both comes the information
"Connect to port, port=USB, startdir="
and "Connection not successful" as the server side is not there.

Now is the question, why finds the Client-function the port but not the Server-function?