Sending file to WebDAV where overwritin is not allowed fails

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petr.smid

Sending file to WebDAV where overwritin is not allowed fails

Post by *petr.smid »

I use WebDAV server which is configured to allow uploading files but does not allow reading them or overwriting them.

But it seems that TC sends first only the first byte of the file and than in second request sends the whole file. But because the server does not allow overwriting files the second request fails and on server stays only the file with the one byte.

That is incorrect behavior. I think the upload should be performed only in one single request.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can turn off multi-step uploads in the WebDAV plugin separately for each connection (Alt+Enter on connection name).

The multi-step upload is done because when the permanent connection is lost, the file has to be uploaded twice - once to get error "need login data", and again to store it. With some servers, this is even a 3 step process (e.g. when using GSSAPI login).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petr.smid

Post by *petr.smid »

Ok, I understand but the TC could send the whole file in first step as well, not only the one byte, right? And just if it went ok it would not need to perform the second step.

Actually I have never heared about multistep upload in webdav.

But anyway thanks.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Ok, I understand but the TC could send the whole file in first step as well, not only the one byte, right?
This will happen when you turn off multi-step uploads. Very annoying when trying to upload e.g. a 2 GB video...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com