Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="test.zip"

UEsDBBQAAgAIAAAAIQBwojKLNAAAAEgSAAAFAAAAZmlsZTHtxrENgCAAALBXGOEG3vADg4kLkICT
4XfjwhXt1Oup57xbDUcZM7b+f6Q3AwAAAMC2Uv4AUEsDBBQAAgAIAAAAIQAt8gnaNAAAAEcSAAAF
AAAAZmlsZTLtxrENgCAAALBXGOEG3vADg4kLkICT4XfjwBft1Oup57xbDUcZM7b+f6Q3AwAAAMC2
Uv4AUEsBAhQAFAACAAgAAAAhAHCiMos0AAAASBIAAAUAAAAAAAAAAQAgAAAAAAAAAGZpbGUxUEsB
AhQAFAACAAgAAAAhAC3yCdo0AAAARxIAAAUAAAAAAAAAAQAgAAAAVwAAAGZpbGUyUEsFBgAAAAAC
AAIAZgAAAK4AAAAAAA==
If I select them and use the internal compare tool then one file is shown as blank. Can anyone confirm?
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

I can confirm however this issue. Indeed the first file it shows as empty. However if you use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page you will see the contents of the file in the first pane. The second pane shows it's contents properly but the first one seems to be empty, however it's not. Also if you scroll you can make some of it's contents visible, however it's will will still disappear if you are at the beginning of the line.

The 32bit version is the most interesting. If you use the scroll bar sometimes you see everything empty, and sometimes you see the contents.

Now here's what the 64bit version does. If you use the scroll bar it will show up the contents of the file, but in a different way! It's cut up in two parts. Sometimes it will show the first part of it, and the last part is invisible and sometimes the other way! However if you minimize the Compare contents and then restore it, it will show up in the correct way, until you start to scroll.

It seems like Total Commander tries to redraw the contents of the file, but somehow it fails! This should be fixed until the final version releases, because it's a serious problem.
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

Alright I've made a demonstration video just to show what I'm talking about! You can find it on Screenr. http://screenr.com/lrp8
Both the 32bit and 64bit versions are shown how they behave when you use the Compare contents tool in Total Commander. Just a minor issue and nothing else I guess.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Sorry I cannot confirm this for you test file with neither TC80rc1 (32- and 64bit) nor with TC 7.57a, all testet under Windows XP and Windows 7.

I tried both with my current wincmd.ini file and with a fresh ini file. In all cases I see one wery long line on both sides of the Compare by Content window.

2Giovanni, 2sztihamer are you using any special font in the Compare by Content tool?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

It's the default font that the Compare contents uses. I didn't modified anything in my Total Commander. These copies are just extracted from the RC1 installers, so there are no modification in the wincmd.ini file. The only settings I applied was the drive combo boxes and that's all. Check the video that I made and see for proof.

Edit: I checked it again with the drive combo buttons off and I still can reproduce the issue! I tried to extract the files and compare afterwards but still the same thing. 2petermad check this out to see what we mean: http://screenr.com/lrp8
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

petermad wrote:Sorry I cannot confirm this for you test file with neither TC80rc1 (32- and 64bit) nor with TC 7.57a, all testet under Windows XP and Windows 7.
I second that. I can't reproduce it either, but I found another issue while trying :) (will open another thread for that).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2sztihamer

I see your problem in http://screenr.com/lrp8

Without making a video - here is what I see immediately after the CbC windows is opened: http:/madsenworld.dk/tcmd/cbc-longline.png

And I can scroll horizontally without problems, and also edit the end of the long line from within CbC without problems.

I have tried this on 4 different computers now, so I think we have to find a System setting and not a TC setting, that you and Giovanni have in common, which I do not have on my 4 computers.
Last edited by petermad on 2012-05-04, 15:57 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

Tried version 7.57a and the problem still exist. Again it's a clean copy with no modification and whatsoever to the .ini file. I used Windows 7 64bit as an operating system. Here's how the older build behaves: http://www.screenr.com/nnp8
It looks like the same just like the more recent ones. And it's most likely it's the same issue that Giovanni has. Except that you can't reproduce it guys! The issue it's still there. I didn't edited the video or manipulated it.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I didn't edited the video or manipulated it
Off course not - but I think that is must be a system setting of yours. Could you perhaps try and start your Windows in FailSafe mode to see if you still have the problem.
License #524 (1994)
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

Unfortunately I don't know any system setting that can cause Total Commander to do these kinds of silly things. This is a more than 3 month installation of Windows 7 so it's should be fairly clean. I'm not a maniac to tweak every single settings I can find.

Also I figured out something. And I think I found out that this problem is a redraw issue. If you try to resize the Compare by Content window in the 64bit version the text will be visible again. However this it's not true on the 32bit version.
Check this out to see what I mean: http://www.screenr.com/F4p8

Also I noticed that Total Commander pops up another windows before the Compare by Content windows is opened. You can barely see it because it's that fast. Maybe that's the problem and that influences the whole stuff. I think we should wait for Christian and see the problem first!
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

I can not reproduce it either (32 bit). What happens after Minimize and Restore? What happens when you enter Edit mode?

Could it be a graphic driver issue?
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

I already did a video where I demonstrated what happens if you minimize and restore the window. It only works for the 64bit version. Here's the video that I did earlier and what you can find in this topic a couple times. Link: http://www.screenr.com/lrp8
After the windows was restored the text will be visible immediately. Also the same thing happens when I press Edit mode button. The text will appear just like in the second pane! The 32bit version does not refresh itself just like the 64bit does, and that can be said for the Edit mode too. The same things will happen if I resize the window!

As for the drivers I use the lastes nVIDIA drivers that is version 296.10 which is WHQL and it's from 2012.03.13
Also I never had any driver issues in my entire life!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Could it be a graphic driver issue?
That's one of the reasons why I asked sztihamer if he would try to start Windows in FailSafe mode.
Last edited by petermad on 2012-05-04, 20:51 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
License #524 (1994)
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

Unfortunately I can't boot into FailSafe mode which I never heard from anyone else other than you. My system just hangs and will refuses to boot into Safe Mode. I tried messing around in the NVIDIA Control Panel but still it's the same thing.

You should ask Giovanni to see if he can reproduce the problem. I'm pretty sure it's not a driver issue because if I compare other text files I cannot reproduce the problem. Only with the sample files that were provided by Giovanni!
Giovanni

Post by *Giovanni »

I was running on Windows 7 64bit freshly installed. I believe that the Aero theme was on, but I shall have to check. I'll give more feedback in a few days when I get back to the computer. I shall also try safe mode as suggested.

Just to note that the issue concerned LINE length. One file line was one character longer and the problem occurred. Comparing lines with a length of below that threshold worked fine.