[TC 8.0b20 x64] Options menuitem selection problem

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kzaabox

[TC 8.0b20 x64] Options menuitem selection problem

Post by *kzaabox »

Sometimes you need to click twice on a menu item in the Configuration / Options window to get the selected option.

Update: It's working fine when you wait at least 2 seconds between the clicks. But when you immediately try to change the selected item it fails and nothing happens.

To reproduce:

Open Configuration / Options window. Select "Display" and after that immediately click on the next item, so: try to iterate over the items: "Icons", "Font", "Color", "Tabstops", etc..
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sounds like you are causing double clicks instead of single clicks. Did you change your double click speed in control panel to a high value?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
kzaabox

Post by *kzaabox »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sounds like you are causing double clicks instead of single clicks. Did you change your double click speed in control panel to a high value?
Nope, I haven't changed anything. I'm using Windows 7 x86-64 default mouse settings. Anyway when I doubleclick on an item, the selecion is working fine.

You can try it, just click on an item wait for e.g. 0.5s and then try to click on the next one.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just tried it, works fine here...
kzaabox

Post by *kzaabox »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I just tried it, works fine here...
Strange, I did not experience such a behavior like this in the previous versions of TC, but ok, in this case ignore my "bug" report please. :)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Can't confirm too, dialog pages work perfectly.

kzaabox, can you reproduce it with clean INI? Start TC with parameter /i=c:\path\to\new.ini. Or, maybe you should try to catch some video if you can reproduce it and it is too annoying?
kzaabox

Post by *kzaabox »

MVV wrote:Can't confirm too, dialog pages work perfectly.

kzaabox, can you reproduce it with clean INI? Start TC with parameter /i=c:\path\to\new.ini. Or, maybe you should try to catch some video if you can reproduce it and it is too annoying?
I changed the doubleclick settings of my mouse (touchpad) to a "faster" value, and now it works better.

ghisler: I think you've got the point. The "bug" is in my system, however maybe there is some kind of difference between Delphi and Lazarus, especially in the ListBox, ComboBox and other visual components regarding to the OnClick and OnDoubleClick event handlers, or in the units which defines the mouse handling.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lazarus probably creates the list with flag "want double clicks". There is no option to set it, so I will try to react to double click events the same way as it reacts to single clicks.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you still get this problem with TC8 x64 beta 22?