Joined: 04 Feb 2003
|Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:15 am Post subject: Total Commander 2.01 final for Android available
|Total Commander 2.01 final for Android is available now!
- Context menu now allows to add FLAC files to internal media player (cannot associate with FLAC because only Android 3.1 and newer support it)
Already in TC 2 final:
- Multi-Window support for Samsung Galaxy N7000, N7100 and N8000
- Stability improvements
Already in beta 4?
- Select a range of files with a long tap on the file icon
- True full screen video on some Android 4 devices (no bottom bar)
Already in beta 3:
- Drag&Drop in virtual 2 panel mode: Scroll to other panel to drop files to a subdir
- File properties: Enter permissions manually, in 3 or 4 digit format
Already in beta 2:
- Trying to open a file without association will now open a context menu with options 'Open as' and 'Edit'
- Close TC on back button long press while the button is still down
- New internal command to turn hidden files (starting with a dot) on/off
- Properties dialog: Show UID and GID also on not rooted devices if available
Already in beta 1:
- Audio/Video-Player, can stream from Internet and from (updated) plugins
- Drag&Drop in file lists (by holding down finger on file icon)
- Scroll thumb also in the editor
- Write to restricted external SD cards
- Set owner and group for a file or multiple files
- Root mode: Ask for permissions when copying, deleting, and saving file in the editor
- Custom date/time format
- Improved stability of background operations (file functions)
- Prevent operations from pausing when screen is turned off
The history of changes can now be found here:
All the plugins have been updated too for version 2.01 too! You can download the plugins via the green "+" button in the home folder. Note: The Google play versions have not been updated yet, they will be updated in a few days.
Here is all the information you need to install:
The beta is not available in the play store because it's not possible to host a final version and beta version at the same time.
You can download TC from us directly and install it on your device. If this is your first installation of TC for Android, please open the "Settings" app of your Android device and go to the "Applications" page. Here you need to allow apps from "Unknown Sources".
Now there are three ways to install Total Commander:
1. If you read this page on your Android device, just click on this link:
2. If you read this page on your PC, and have a barcode scanner app installed on your Android device, double click on the following QR code, then scan it with your phone to start the download. You can get a barcode App by searching for barcode in the market. Personally I'm using the app "Barcode Scanner" by ZXing Team, it's a very simple one, which is open source, so it should be safe.
3. Finally you can of course type in the above link by hand in the web browser of your device.
On some devices, you need to go to apps - downloads to install, clicking on the .apk in the notification area may fail.
Please post your bug reports and suggestions here in the forum!
Thanks for your help!
Author of Total Commander