This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indexed search using WDX plugins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> TC suggestions (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horst.Epp,
Thank you very much. I have looked through the IFIlters and I have even successfully found the search in Windows (Explorer) and searched for the contents of a PDF file. The search does not seem to work from the Start menu for some reason, however.
Unfortunately it seems there are very few IFilters, let alone compared to WDX plugins. The JPG IFilter webpage does not exist anymore so I guess it is not maintained anymore. There is no IFilter for descript.ions. IFilters seem to be mostly made for documents.
So, unfortunately, unless I overlooked something it seems this approach is not able to help with the use cases I outlined above, so my feature request still stands.

Roman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> TC suggestions (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: