A PROGRAM to create a setup for each plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
When the plugin archive (zip, rar, whatever packer is supported) contains a special file, TC will ask the user to install the plugin when he opens the archive with enter...
I have one additional question about this new feature. What will happen if I have multiple plugins inside the archive?

Example MyPluginCollection.zip:
\Plugin1
\Plugin1\Plugin1.wcx
\Plugin1\Readme.txt

\Plugin2
\Plugin2\Plugin2.wcx
\Plugin2\Readme.txt

\Plugin3
\Plugin3\Plugin3.wcx
\Plugin3\Readme.txt

and so on.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently multiple plugins per file are not supported. What you can do is put each plugin in a zip inside the collection zip. Each plugin would then be installed when the inner zip is opened. Currently I don't plan to have many plugins installed automatically, because plugins can both slow down TC, and make it unstable (there have been several plugins which have crashed TC). Therefore it's recommended to install only those plugins which are really needed.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
archives inside of archives seems to be a good solution.
Thank you!
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Hello,
ghisler(Author) wrote:Please don't spend too much time on this! The next version of TC will support a very simple way to install plugins: When the plugin archive (zip, rar, whatever packer is supported) contains a special file, TC will ask the user to install the plugin when he opens the archive with enter. When the user clicks yes, TC will suggest a target dir, then copy the files there and add the plugins to the list.
BTW, I can also implement this, in "TC PlugMan" :)
For example, if archive have .tcplugin extension, PlugMan will suggest new folder, unpack archive in it, and register .wcx/wlx/wfx file in TC.
Or, if user selects .zip/.rar/... archive, it will do that.

What do you think? Maybe it is better to do with PlugMan, it's external...
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Hello,
ghisler(Author) wrote:Currently multiple plugins per file are not supported. What you can do is put each plugin in a zip inside the collection zip. Each plugin would then be installed when the inner zip is opened.
Hmm, so you will find _first_ plugin, and install only it?
But you can do FindFirst/FindNext and install all found
files using one function...