+[8.50pb1 x64] copy _ button hides main window only

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

siealex

Post by *siealex »

then the drive bar buttons react to mouse moves (but not to clicks!)
CLICK it anyway!
We are not so S.M.A.R.T. as we imagine...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Tried it, no difference. :(
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
kzaabox

Post by *kzaabox »

I can confirm the problem. I'm using TC8.50b2 on Windows 8 x86-64.

1. Start TC and do not maximize its main window. (maybe that was the reason you couldn't reproduce it yet)
2. Start a copy operation (with a big file to have enough time)
3. Click on the minimize button of the dialog. It will minimize the dialog and the main window too.
4. Click on the TC icon on the Taskbar. It will restore the main window and the dialog too.
5. Click on the minimize button of the dialog window again. It will minimize the main window but not the dialog.
6. After that if you try to minimize the dialog window the minimize button will do nothing and the main window stays at the taskbar

I tried it at the very first time and I experienced the problem as the topic starter mentioned.
I don't even have a clear installation since I've upgraded from beta1.

Edit: I've just tested it on Windows Vista x86-64 (clear install, no 3rd party sw) and the problem exists on it too. (VMware)

Edit #2: Follow the instructions above from #1 to #4. After that you can even move the main window! It strange, but it seems that after restoring the minimzed windows the copy dialog change its own opening mode from modal to non-modal somehow.
Maybe after restoring the windows TC try to restore them as if they were minimzed in a case of background copy operation. (I hope you can understand it, my english is not as good as I want it to be :) )
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

I can reproduce the problem with kzaabox's steps on Win7 x64 using TC 8.5 beta1 and beta2 (32 bit)! It doesn't matter if TC's main window is maximized or not (I can reproduce it in either case).

TC 8.01 doesn't behave this way.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it, whatever I tried. Therefore I'm now trying to fix it without being able to verify the fix. Please let me know whether it's fixed or not in beta 3!
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Can still reproduce it in beta3 on Win7 x64. I will check if it's reproduceable on WinXP as well.

EDIT: Additional info: Can't reproduce it with TC 64 bit but only TC 32 bit.

EDIT2: Can confirm the problem on XP SP3 as well, even when using a clean wincmd.ini.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
kzaabox

Post by *kzaabox »

Dalai wrote:Can still reproduce it in beta3 on Win7 x64. I will check if it's reproduceable on WinXP as well.

EDIT: Additional info: Can't reproduce it with TC 64 bit but only TC 32 bit.

EDIT2: Can confirm the problem on XP SP3 as well, even when using a clean wincmd.ini.

Regards
Dalai
Beta3? Where is it?
I'm using x64 version of Windows 8 and 64bit version of TC and the problem exists.

(Anyway there is a minor http code problem on the following stite:
http://ghisler.com/whatsnew.htm
"Warning: This is a beta version! Please use it only for test purposes! e="Arial">" It seems there is a missing tag somewhere)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

2Dalai
The thread title says x64, so I thought that this was a 64-bit problem only - I changed only the 64-bit version. Please test with it and let me know!
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

kzaabox wrote:Beta3? Where is it?
Beta3 was announced today: http://www.ghisler.com/850_b3.php.

I can confirm that the problem is not limited to TC 64 bit. I can reproduce it on Win7 SP1 x64 and WinXP SP3 using TC 32 bit.

OK, I was a little fast, stating the problem doesn't exist on TC 64 bit. It does exist in 8.5 beta1 and beta2 64 bit but not in 8.5 beta3 64 bit. So in TC 64 bit it's fixed now, but the issue remains in TC 32 bit (no matter which beta).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Bozzy

Post by *Bozzy »

I can also reproduce the bug on TC8.50b3 32bit on Win7 x64, while it's disappeared on TC8.50b3 64bit.

As a mere hint, maybe solving what seems to be the root cause, may also solve the effect? I mean, in TC8.50b3 x64 the mainform still responds to mouseover on the buttons, and it's also possible to scroll the file lists while copying, 'cause the form isn't disabled anymore after minimizing and restoring. I think this shouldn't happen, and maybe having this corrected also solves the form minimizing problem properly.

Regards,
Bozzy
Laszlo

Post by *Laszlo »

Yes, it's no longer here in beta 3 64 bit!