Suggestion:Auto count directories/remmember last count

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

avielps

Suggestion:Auto count directories/remmember last count

Post by *avielps »

i have a quite usefull (for me at least) suggestion:

the directory count (alt+shift+enter) , is very usefull but each time i move the focus from total commander to another program , or when i delete some file from the other panel , the directory count is lost and i have to count again the directory.

a good solution is to always remmember the directory count even when going out of the directory , or , improving that idea - enable/disable auto count by hot key or something , so that each time you enter directory , it's subdirs will be automatically counted...

avi
Avi Moshe
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

There was a german thread about this subject:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=3209

Basicly no solution was proposed about how long or until what event the size should be stored. Christian also mentioned, that the second Alt-Shift-Enter should go much faster on local disks, as the list is in the windows cache.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
avielps

Post by *avielps »

well that's very sad , because I mostly use tc to clean up directories , and to create exact size cdrs for burning , and this feature could be quite usefull I believe........

is there an author wishlist / reuqest list I can post this ?

avi
Avi Moshe
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

is there an author wishlist / reuqest list I can post this ?
Christian reads this forum regularly but you can also write him an email to support@ghisler.com - he will read that for sure.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
IGL

Post by *IGL »

Be aware that "remembering" the dir sizes presents additional problem: when contents of that dir changes - the size will change too. (And TC in not the only program that performs operations on disk).
:-)