deleted file remains in files search list after !

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Michael REMY

deleted file remains in files search list after !

Post by *Michael REMY »

hi,

strange and easy bug, nobody really did not see that ?

i do a file search (toto.mp3 by example).
the result is 3 files.
i move on of them, them TC righlty update the path in the results list.

but..
if i delete one, them TC keep it in the results list ! it should be removed from this results list isn't it ?

have a good day
i'm an old long user of TC since the windows 3.11 release !, for the history, i came to tc when i migrate from amiga commodore to PC where they are diskmanager and directory opus there.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Michael REMY,
strange and easy bug, nobody really did not see that ?
Lots of people did, I am sure a search will return some results. ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, the delete function is separate from the search. TC would have to repeat the entire search just to check which files are still there.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Michael REMY

Post by *Michael REMY »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sorry, the delete function is separate from the search. TC would have to repeat the entire search just to check which files are still there.
as a experimented developer in many windows object languages, i can assure you that you could remove an item fro mthe List oject (you know the one is selected or focused, so you know it index so, you just have to use the unlist/move/delete/hide method or attribut of this object to make it "erased" without redo the search.
what is you windows plateform IDE (visual studio, borland, eclipse,..) i can help you to search into the doc to perform this simple action.

i assure you again you can easily do it because, (as i said), when you move a file, then you already update the list item without redo the search at all ! so, you already made half of the job !
i'm an old long user of TC since the windows 3.11 release !, for the history, i came to tc when i migrate from amiga commodore to PC where they are diskmanager and directory opus there.