Joined: 04 Feb 2003
|Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:32 pm Post subject: Total Commander 2.05 public beta 1 for Android
|Total Commander 2.05 public beta 1 for Android is available now!
WARNING: This is a beta version! Please make a backup of your data/SD-Card before using it!
What's new in beta 1?
- Support for external SD-cards on Android 4.4: Create, delete, copy, move, rename files and folders
- MediaPlayer: Loop through all tracks (can be set via context menu)
- MediaPlayer: New audio effects: left/right balance, bass boost+virtualizer (Android >= 2.3), loudness enhancer (Android >= 4.4)
- Unpack all selected archives via context menu
- UnRAR support for x86-based devices and emulators (like BlueStacks)
- Create icons on dersktop (launcher) with user-defined text, icon and even the target app
The history of changes can now be found here:
The plugins do not need to be updated for this beta.
Here is all the information you need to install:
The beta is not available in the play store yet.
You can download TC from us directly and install it on your device. If this is your first installation of TC for Android, please open the "Settings" app of your Android device and go to the "Applications" page. Here you need to allow apps from "Unknown Sources".
Now there are three ways to install Total Commander for Android:
1. If you read this page on your Android device, just click on this link:
2. If you read this page on your PC, and have a barcode scanner app installed on your Android device, double click on the following QR code, then scan it with your phone to start the download. You can get a barcode App by searching for barcode in the market. Personally I'm using the app "Barcode Scanner" by ZXing Team, it's a very simple one, which is open source, so it should be safe.
3. Finally you can of course type in the above link by hand in the web browser of your device.
On some devices, you need to go to apps - downloads to install, clicking on the .apk in the notification area may fail.
Please post your bug reports and suggestions here in the forum!
Thanks for your help!
Author of Total Commander