Pause/Cancel buttons do not work [wfx_tcPhonebook]

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

HAL 9000

Pause/Cancel buttons do not work [wfx_tcPhonebook]

Post by *HAL 9000 »

I've reported the bug to the author of wfx_tcPhonebook plugin, but he said there's nothing he can do about it and said that the issue should be reported to ghisler. So here's the topic about that bug.

Bug summary: when importing a *.vcf (vCard contacts) file with multiple contacts into tcPhonebook - the import process can not be stopped neither by Pause, nor by Cancel button.

The only way to stop the process of import before it gets finished - is to kill total commander's process.
HAL 9000

Post by *HAL 9000 »

In the recent test version the author managed to add ProgressProc function so now the Pause button actually works (but it actually pauses only after some contact's import was finished, it doesn't work in the middle of the import, thus it's only usable for importing files containing multiple contacts).

However, the author said there's nothing more he can do about these buttons: Cancel still doesn't work and it requires you, ghisler to push some changes on your side.

In this whole situation I'm just a messenger between you two, I'm not sure whether the author of tcPhonebook actually did everything he could and so there's nothing more he can do about it or whether he actually can resolve the whole issue by himself.
In the latter case - please, give some guidance on what and how he should do.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Cancelling works via ProgressProc function: ProgressProc returns 1 when user cancels operation (or 0 otherwise), so plugin should call ProgressProc in order to detect cancelling.

And I think pause works via ProgressProc too: TC simply doesn't return from ProgressProc until process is paused (however I haven't checked it, but in my Virtual Panel both pause and cancel work fine in TC 8.51RC2).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, that's how it works - TC can only pause or abort the plugin while it is calling back via ProgressProc. There is no command sent to the plugin when the button is pressed.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
HAL 9000

Post by *HAL 9000 »

Thanks for your replies, guys, it helped.