Ultra TC Start Menu Editor 2.11 release

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

You can download the new version from
http://www.geocities.com/utcmedit/utcsmedit.htm
Or
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/Ultra_TC_Start_Menu_Editor.html

What is new in Version 2.10
--------------------------------
:arrow: Added: Support Russian language and other languages.
:arrow: Added: New command 'Export To Totalcmd.inc' to create the cmd_usermenu## entries into Totalcmd.inc
file according to the Start Menu structure.
:arrow: Added: Parameters list editor.
:arrow: Added: New option to set the font of the command property fields to the current font settings.
:arrow: Added: Press Control key while pressing Open button beside command field to browse for folder.
:arrow: Added: A warning message appear when you try to add a command that already exist in your menu.

:arrow: Fixed: some command refere to a folder path appear in question symbol also this folder is exist.
:arrow: Fixed: if you navigate through the menu witout making any change you were asked to Save changes when exit the program.

:idea: Changed: The "Add Command" shortcut changed from [CTRL+V] to [CTRL+W] to solve the conflict with standard Paste shortcut [CTRL+V].
:idea: Changed: The "Add Separator" shortcut changed from [CTRL+H] to [CTRL+L] to solve the conflict with Text controls Backspace shortcut [CTRL+H].

I need to know your opinion about the new function "Export To Totalcmd.inc"

Important:
After exporting Start Menu to Totalcmd.inc file you will notice that when you assign a user menu (cm_usermenu##) to a toolbar button using the command text you will recieve the message "File not found." but if i use the command code number of the same command the command executed normally.
this happen espesially if the cm_usermenu## code is greater enough say 800 ~ 898
i think this is a bug in TC
Thanks
Last edited by ts4242 on 2004-05-09, 10:31 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

You can download the new version from
http://www.geocities.com/utcmedit/utcsmedit.htm
Or
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/Ultra_TC_Start_Menu_Editor.html

What is new in Version 2.11
==================
:arrow: Added: The commands drop down list is automatically refreshed after exporting to (Totalcmd.inc) file.

:arrow: Fixed: The program was hang if (Wincmd.ini) file is hidden.
:arrow: Fixed: The program was hang if the registry value that refer to (Wincmd.ini) file isn't exist.
:arrow: Fixed: If the program didn't found (Wincmd.ini) and asked you to browse for it, each time you start the program and make changes these changes was not saved.
:arrow: Fixed: Always ask for (Totalcmd.inc) file path if this file is hidden.
:arrow: Fixed: Any command refer to a hidden file appear in question symbol also this file is exist.
:arrow: Fixed: Properties command doesn't work correctlly if the menu item command refer to a hidden file.
:arrow: Fixed: Properties command doesn't work correctlly if the menu item command refer to a folder. e.g cd C:\Windows
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Thanks for this great tool plus Ultra TC Main Menu Editor. Now, what's left to implement is an Ultra TC Directory Hotlist Editor! ;) :D

We already have a tool for the Directory Hotlist but for reasons of uniformity it would be great to have three tools from the same programmer. You may even consider a launch GUI where the user could select any of the three (currently two) applications implementing in this way a flexible integration.

PS: A fourth addition could be an INI editor. But let's be realistic since the workload would be extremely high. First things first! Keep up the good work!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Thank you for your compliment.
Thanks for this great tool plus Ultra TC Main Menu Editor. Now, what's left to implement is an Ultra TC Directory Hotlist Editor!
indeed Ultra TC Directory Menu Editor is under development but it is late because i now busy in debuging the errors that users inform me they found in Main & Start menu editors.
if you return to Ultra TC Start Menu Editor screen shoot in my site or in totalcmd.net you will confirm :wink:
You may even consider a launch GUI where the user could select any of the three (currently two) applications implementing in this way a flexible integration.
nice suggestion i will think but not now
PS: A fourth addition could be an INI editor. But let's be realistic since the workload would be extremely high. First things first! Keep up the good work!
do you mean an INI editor for Total Commander configuration file or for my three programs?

I had read your guide for Total Commander directory hotlist and i'm dreaming to find something like this to my Main & Start menu editors because I have a poor english and i cannot write like this. :oops:
Thank you
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

ts4242 wrote:do you mean an INI editor for Total Commander configuration file or for my three programs?

I had read your guide for Total Commander directory hotlist and i'm dreaming to find something like this to my Main & Start menu editors because I have a poor english and i cannot write like this.
I mean an INI editor for TC.

Now, considering guides for your tools. Since, you know your tools better than anyone else why don't you do a draft guide for each tool and I would be more than happy to make the necessary English corrections. On the other hand though, English is not my mother language and if someone else is willing to help it would be even better.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

I mean an INI editor for TC.
this is out of my interest now, but who know maybe in the future
Now, considering guides for your tools. Since, you know your tools better than anyone else why don't you do a draft guide for each tool and I would be more than happy to make the necessary English corrections. On the other hand though, English is not my mother language and if someone else is willing to help it would be even better.
I was kidding, and i have done all the best to make my programs explain itself, and i wrote some important notes in help file for some point that need more explaination.
maybe when i finish programming the third program for Directory menu editor i found the time to compose such help files.
Thanks
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

ts4242 wrote:maybe when i finish programming the third program for Directory menu editor i found the time to compose such help files.
Well, in that case you are free to incorporate any details from within my guide.

PS: Sorry I didn't get that joke! I did actually went through your readme files after that comment of yours and I was puzzled due to the correctiveness of the text both grammatically and instructively. But you made everything clear now! ;) :D
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2pdavit
But you made everything clear now!
i afraid you misunderstand me, when i said i'm kidding i was mean that i'm kidding from the thought you write a help file to my programs
but i was serious when i said i have poor english, it takes a lot of time to adjust the grammer and spelling, and after all that i always feel there is somthing wrong into my text, so i always explain my thought with no details.
so please forgive me if you get any other thing :?

take a look here http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=3316&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=23
Last edited by ts4242 on 2004-05-11, 14:43 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Leif

Post by *Leif »

When I click on the uppermost link - Main Menu - I am told that I will have to download Arabic support - Uniscribe to be able to see all chars correctly. I did not download it, but everything looks OK.
:?
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Leif wrote:When I click on the uppermost link - Main Menu - I am told that I will have to download Arabic support - Uniscribe to be able to see all chars correctly. I did not download it, but everything looks OK.
is this happened with the other two links?
But as far as every thing looks OK, Why you are confusing :wink:
Leif

Post by *Leif »

ts4242 wrote:
Leif wrote:When I click on the uppermost link - Main Menu - I am told that I will have to download Arabic support - Uniscribe to be able to see all chars correctly. I did not download it, but everything looks OK.
is this happened with the other two links?
But as far as every thing looks OK, Why you are confusing :wink:
1. No, the other two links were OK.
2. Well, I didn't download the Arabic support. So I thought some characters would look strange. It said "... download Uniscribe to be able to see all characters correctly." No big deal! Mildly confused only. :wink:
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

There is a request in the german forum for the directory hot list editor. The scenario:

A big network with many PCs and all of them should use the same directory hotlist.

I think a good workaround were the function 'save as' in your Hotlist editor or maybe better an export- import function as you have realised in History editor.

Would it be possible to implement it?

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Sheepdog wrote:There is a request in the german forum for the directory hot list editor. The scenario:

A big network with many PCs and all of them should use the same directory hotlist.

I think a good workaround were the function 'save as' in your Hotlist editor or maybe better an export- import function as you have realised in History editor.

Would it be possible to implement it?

sheepdog
This request comes in the perfct time now i'm preparing for the next version of Start & Directory editor which will support commands start with system environment variable e.g cd %windir%, %windir%\notepad.exe
such command was appear as broken link.

you will find Import and Export functions in the next release.
always all dreams of my programs user comes true :wink: :lol:

greets
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

ts4242 wrote: you will find Import and Export functions in the next release.
always all dreams of my programs user comes true :wink: :lol:

greets

Thanks. I announced it in the german thread.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
djorge

Post by *djorge »

How about adding drag and drop? This is a main feature that should be there!
With drag&drop anyone would edit the start menu very fast and easily.

--
djorge