New plugin available: Cloud (access to Box, Dropbox, etc).

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mcevoli

Post by *mcevoli »

Just for me to fully understand, the idea is to put already existing documents on the cloud (namely Google Drive) through Total Commander, rather than downloading or accessing documents created through Drive itself?

By the way, I'm not complaining at all. The plugin is just great, as is TC, one piece of software I can't live without.

The plugin would be even better if we could, at least, move the files around. Re-organizing the files from Google Doc interface is slow. My use case would be creating files on Drive and then using TC to create proper folders, rename files, etc. Is it doable, from a programming point of view?

Thanks

Marco
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's actually not the same: When you upload e.g. a docx document to Google Drive, it will go there unchanged. Google Docs cannot edit it directly because it's not in Google Docs format.

If you create a document with Google Docs, it's in Google Docs format and cannot be downloaded. It would have to be exported as MS Office or Open Office.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a new version 1.07 of my Cloud plugin available now. I have ported some functions from the Android Google Drive version.

It supports the following two improvements for Google Drive:
1. Access files shared by other users. They will be shown in a folder named *shared*. While you can actually create such a folder on Google Drive via Web browser, it's quite unlikely because the * is a forbidden character on Windows.
2. Download documents from Google Docs, converter to docx, pdf etc. You can choose the format in the settings of the connection, via a new button "Google Drive extra settings >>".

Download here (v 1.07):
https://plugins.ghisler.com/fsplugins/cloudplugin1.07.zip
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

ReadMe.txt from v1.05 ;)
Spiderkeys

Post by *Spiderkeys »

Having many multiple machines, I was getting to get tired of Google Drive & Dropbox clients mysteriously deleting files, creating endless duplicates of the same file, Replacing newer files with older versions, and becoming an increasing resource hogger.

Having got to hang of the plugin a few days bacl, it's works great, only bug I noticed (from v1.06) was using multiple OneCloud accounts, where two accounts were display the same file contents.

Certainly hope it's around and maintained for a lot longer, today's a couldn't live without it.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

What do you mean with OneCloud? This doesn't exist. Do you mean OneDrive, or Google Cloud?

It should work just fine with both. When you get the OAUTH login web page, make sure to choose the right account to log in. If you stored the credentials, you may have stored the wrong ones. In this case, uncheck the option to store credentials, log in, and then re-enable the option.
Paul Mathias

Cloud Plugin

Post by *Paul Mathias »

I have problems to install the plugin on my windows 7 prof. 64bit computer. If I start oauthbrowser64.exe then the screen "Loading, please wait will never disappear". I also tried with the chromium version.

BTW, is there a user guide anywhere for the plugin?
A hint or some help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Paul
krasusczak

Re: Cloud Plugin

Post by *krasusczak »

Paul Mathias wrote:I have problems to install the plugin on my windows 7 prof. 64bit computer. If I start oauthbrowser64.exe then the screen "Loading, please wait will never disappear". I also tried with the chromium version.

BTW, is there a user guide anywhere for the plugin?
A hint or some help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Paul

To use wfx plugins like Cloud you need to go to the Network Neighborhood in TC & there you will find Cloud directory (after you install it of course)
When you enter to this directory you click F7 & add name of a new connection for ex. "dropbox" on the next screen you need to set connection configuration.
Spiderkeys

Post by *Spiderkeys »

ghisler(Author) wrote:What do you mean with OneCloud? This doesn't exist. Do you mean OneDrive, or Google Cloud?
Sorry, I mean't OneDrive.

Another issue, or it's just me, I found with Google Drive, is uploading very large files such as a 160MB zipped file gives me high chance of failure, so would just upload very large files logged in using a browser, as I've had a lot of failure rates, using the plug-in. But no big deal, it extremely reliable uploading smaller files.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The plugin uses a simple HTTPS connection - if you have failures, the connection must be lost. Do you see anything in the log?
quantum

Post by *quantum »

Is there any way to get the temporary file name (c:\users\<username>\appdata\local...) for the selected file, so I could call an external program, like Beyond Compare?

%P%N returns \\\Cloud\DropBox... which of course won't work.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, unfotunately the Start menu and button bar do not currently support download+open. This is only supported in file associations (internal and external), but they do not support opening multiple files in one call.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

For me the plugin has some issues with OneDrive. They are already reported to Christian Ghisler, and he can't reproduce them, and from my logs it seems that some issues caused by limitations of the OneDrive/REST API. So I ask users to try to confirm issues, and maybe somebody aware of the ways how to overcome the Microsoft API limitations.
1. If OneDrive is opened in Cloud plugin, but not used for some time, the errors like HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized, HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request and/or

Code: Select all

----
Error
----

invalid_grant

[OK]
----
will happen when trying to change folder, refresh panel with OneDrive or activate a tab with it while switching from another tab. TC doesn't offer re-authorization web browser control window after an error in current TC session, so restarting of the Total Commander is required to use Cloud with OneDrive again.

2. OneDrive offers (maybe they were offered when it was SkyDrive, I don't know what OneDrive offer for new users) some default folders that are visible on OneDrive using web browser: Favorites and Shared Favorites (their names may depend on your country or OneDrive interface language, so for Ukrainian their names are Уподобання and Спільні уподобання). Cloud plugin detailed log (clo* file in %tmp% folder) shows that these folders aren't returned by OneDrive API. Is it a some known limitation of API?

3. For files, like *.txt, *.docx and others available for edtitng internally in OneDrive web apps, in Details panel in of OneDrive in web browser (called by button on OneDrive toolbar) there's a field called "Modified", which isn't shown for such files in Alt+Enter properties in Cloud plugin. Cloud plugin detailed log doesn't help much here because it doesn't seem to show the content of Alt+Enter properites window.

4. Alt+Enter properties window also doesn't show the shared status of folders that are shared with "Friends" or "Everyone". Currently OneDrive doesn't offer such type of sharing, for now only to share to "Everyone with this link", but the folders and files that already got "Friends" or "Everyone" still have it. Default Public folder in SkyDrive was shared to "Everyone", and Shared Favorites had "Friends" shared status (manual changing of sharing form "Friends" or "Everyone" now to "Everyone with this link" will make it impossible to return "Friends" or "Everyone" sharing, because it's not offered anymore!).
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Tome

Post by *Tome »

Could somebody, please, write a quick step by step manual how to i connect to Google Drive in TC? I have plugin instaled, but i dont know what next. Thank you.
fecho

Post by *fecho »

I have W7 Enterprise 32-bit system. I created a new folder with my username, after I clicked on folder i get "loading, please wait" screen, and nothing happens later. I know cloud plugin, On my other XP PC running the same method. I tired reinstall T Commander again, and I checked firewall set up, and I was logged in as admin. What is the problem? TC ver 8.52a