Compare by content: Resync comparison using multiple lines

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gigy

Compare by content: Resync comparison using multiple lines

Post by *gigy »

It would be useful if you could select more lines (at different positions) in both panes (same number of lines) and use Resync comparison from here on all of them.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can do this, but only one line pair at a time - just start with the top pair, then move down to the next match etc.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gigy

Post by *gigy »

ghisler(Author) wrote:You can do this, but only one line pair at a time - just start with the top pair, then move down to the next match etc.
I knew that but I was saying if could be done more at once.
acapobianchi

Compare by content: Resync comparison suggestion

Post by *acapobianchi »

ghisler(Author) wrote:You can do this, but only one line pair at a time - just start with the top pair, then move down to the next match etc.
I need to use the "Resync comparison from here" very often when I compare code, because TC can't recognize similar code blocks and sometimes I need to tell TC where the right points for Resync are.

On large source files, this manual operation must be repeated every time a file is modified and for every pair of lines where Resync is needed.

I use to build a list of pairs of lines and apply the command "Resync comparison from here" manually for all of them at any new comparison. This process might be automated. Would it be possible, in future versions, to load the Resync lines of both files from a third configuration/auxiliary file?

Thank you