LAN Plugin connection problem

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Nepcior

LAN Plugin connection problem

Post by *Nepcior »

I have following problem with connection:
If I use my Microsoft account (e-mail address as an user name), plugin is asking for password again and again. I thought this e-mail could be a problem, so I created new local account (also with admin privileges). I could connect and see my drives and shares using it, but if I click on any of them plugin is asking about password. Again, and again... I double checked all the data (user, password, ip). All are correct, there are no spaces at the end.
Last time I used this plugin some months ago. There was no problem, but I had Windows 7 at that time, now it is Windows 10. I can’t also say if it was same plugin version.
My phone is Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0.1

Edit:
I used the account with microsoft account, but in login i used previous user name (that one i had in Windows 7) instead of e-mail address. Now i can acces my shares, but i can't access the drives. I could before. Is something changed?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your report, I can confirm the problem with user names containing an "@" sign. I will check what the problem is.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
canyin

Post by *canyin »

Same problem here. TC on Windows phone can't login on windows 10 pc (use Microsoft account), plugin is asking for password again and again....
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It seems to be a bug of newer Windows 10 versions: They seem to accept only SMB2 and SMB3 connections for these user names. Unfortunately the used JCIFS library only supports SMB1.

Some users have reported that it works with local user accounts (no online account with @).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

After many tests, I finally found out how to log into my Windows 10 account with the LAN plugin:

Login fails when specifying the Microsoft account e-mail! Instead, go to c:\users and check the name of your account directory. In my case, the directory is c:\users\Christian. So when you use this name (without c:\users\ prefix) as user name, and your Microsoft account password, then access seems to work!

Interestingly, this user name differs from the one shown in Control panel - User accounts: Here "Christian Ghisler" is shown as user name, but I need to use just "Christian" to log in...
canyin

Post by *canyin »

Thx!!! Great is working! Total commander windows phone 10 NOW is OK!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice to hear that! It's strange that Microsoft changed this, the e-mail worked fine with the initial release of Windows 10...
Mitch2Pain

Post by *Mitch2Pain »

I'm using a win7 SMB server.
I can ping the server from my android device.
I try to access to the SMB server with my Android phone via TotalCommander + LAN plugin.
Sometimes it works fine.
But some times, I've got an error "plain text passwords are disabled".
And some other times I've got the spining stuff indefinitely.

Each time it doesn't work, I use ping tools for android to check that the server is accessible (ping) and I scan the ports: the ping test is a success and the opened ports are 554, 135 and 139.

The last time it worked, I started to download some files from my server to my phone: the transfer began and it stopped for no reason after some files have been transfered ...

My local network works fine, the smb server too: I access it every day from other computers. But from my phone, it works just when he wants ... I have no idea why ...
dagobert1984

Post by *dagobert1984 »

Hello,

is it possible to connect to DFS Shares in Company from an Android Smartphone?
We have an VPN Connection about Samsung Knox and installed Total Commander inside of Knox.

I am not able (maybe i am to stupid) to connect this Shares.
And i am not able to connect about the Hostname/Share

Thanks
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, DFS should definitely work with the Android version (but not with the Windows Phone version).

Please check the following:
1. Make sure you entered the domain correctly like this:
domain:server/share
2. Check whether the server is reachable from outside the Knox container, just to be sure that the container isn't somehow blocking access.
3. Check with a ping or telnet/ssh app whether the domain server is reachable

You can make TC create a log file for ftp and all plugins like this:

1. Switch to the internal SD card by going to the home folder, and then going to "SD-Card"
2. Create a new folder named:
.TotalCommander
including the dot at the beginning (if it doesn't exist yet)
3. You may need to enable the display of hidden files in the TC configuration if you cannot see that folder.
4. Go inside this folder .TotalCommander
5. Create a new text file named log.txt by holding down a finger on the first line (..)
6. Close Total Commander via "X" button and restart it
xkolman

LAN Plugin - problem with datatransfers

Post by *xkolman »

Hi, i am user of Android 6.0 with EMUI 4.1. I have installed there Total Commander with LAN Plugin. It works properly when i am connected with local WiFi. I i connect with my operator (T-mobile Czech Republic), there appears message "No internet connection, please allow WLAN or disable airplane mode. Do you want to turn WLAN on?". Where can be the problem? Thank you for the answer.

P.S. in Czech language the message sounds: "Bez připojení k síti! Prosím povolte WLAN nebo zakažte režim letadlo. Zapnout WLAN?"
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Micha423

Re: LAN Plugin connection problem

Post by *Micha423 »

Do you have a password set on your windows computer?
Without password you CANNOT connect to shares!

[MTAG]