TC9 beta: change a "paused" F5-F2 Window

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

froschlocke

TC9 beta: change a "paused" F5-F2 Window

Post by *froschlocke »

Hi,

when I pause a F5-F2-copy window it only changes the button from "pause"to "start". One can easily oversee this and think that the operation is still ongoing. Plus: the moving glow animation on the %-bars suggest that there is something moving here.

I'd suggest to stop the moving glow effect and change the window fundamentally when paused. Like put a 50% grey matt over the whole thing except the "Start" button?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

The taskbar button of the background transfer turns yellow when the transfer is paused, doesn't it?
Plus: the moving glow animation on the %-bars suggest that there is something moving here.
That depends on the Windows theme. But if you see the animation, it's there, regardless of whether the progress bar is changing its value or not. This applies to all standard progress bars.

However, I agree that the current state of these background transfers could be more/better visible, something like preceding the current window title with "(Paused)" or something.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror