"Copy symbolic links" option in Copy/move window

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

LonerD

"Copy symbolic links" option in Copy/move window

Post by *LonerD »

We have a key CopyLinks in wincmd.ini for change TC copy behaviour.
But if we want change copy method - we we must edit wincmd.ini file and restart Total Commander.
Sometimes it necessary to copy links as links, sometimes - change links to new file path...
Would be good to have option (checkbox) in Copy/move window for every single copy process.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Indeed. Who edits wincmd.ini, restarts TC, copies the files/links, and after doing so, resets the CopyLinks key? Too much hassle to get work done. That's why I don't use CopyLinks at all, simply because the feature isn't usable in the current implementation.

BTW: This has been suggested a couple of times, but so far Ghisler thinks that adding this to the copy/move dialog would overload it even more than it already is.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Recently I've got some problem because of CopyLinks key: I've forgot that it is enabled and got some identical folder backup copies (because TC have copied their links as links). So the key is not usable at all.
LonerD

Re: "Copy symbolic links" option in Copy/move window

Post by *LonerD »

Maybe in TC 10.0 ?
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway