Starting TC minimized to taskbar

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DRP535

Starting TC minimized to taskbar

Post by *DRP535 »

Is there a way of starting TC minimized (to taskbar, not tray icon)?

I have completely cleared my desktop of icons entirely, which is what I like, and have added TC shortcut to Programs/Startup to open immediately on computer start, but I would prefer it to start minimized so I can see the wallpaper on the desktop for a clean opening appearance. Otherwise TC just starts so quickly it covers everything almost immediately.

Is there a way to force TC to start minimized (in the first instance)? Subsequent extra TC instances (if allowed in settings) could start normally (not minimized).
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

You could use a link file in startup (Start Menu) that runs the linked program minimized. This way only this very link launches TC minimized while all other links do not.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
DRP535

Post by *DRP535 »

Doh! Of course. Sorry for stupid question. Just changed run status in shortcut in Startup and that works exactly as expected.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Starting TC minimized to taskbar

Post by *DrShark »

When Total Commander is started with minimized to tray option enabled, if to minimize its windows by starting TC with LNK with minimize window setting active, or with Win+D at time while nag screen of unregistered version is opened, TC window will be minimized, but nag screen window won't be. The task switcher icon (at least on switcher's Vista 32-bit classic theme UI) and notification area icon of TC then won't appear, at least until nag screen is closed by pressing 1, 2 or 3 key. There is still a taskbar icon of TC while nag screen is opened, so if nag window will lose the focus, it's still possible to restore it with mouse or with keyboard by going to Total Commander window taskbar button. Better solution obviously is to register TC to avoid nag screen completely :)
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708