Please rework the tree in Copy, Move -> Tree

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Slavic

Please rework the tree in Copy, Move -> Tree

Post by *Slavic »

This suggestion is about the directory tree which is shown in the dialogs (F5) Copy or (F6) Move -> Tree. I almost never used this option because using the opposite panel for such operations is quite common, but sometimes need to move a single file to another place without change of current look. This tree reminds me the times of old good 16-bit Commander: no icons, no expand/collapse switches, quite unfriendly search.

1. Please replace this tree with the familiar one, the same as Ctrl+F8 on the panel. Icons and the ability to expand the branches are very important, esp. when the whole tree can have more than a thousand branches, which is quite common today.

2. Please make the search here more friendly. Currently the search field even doesn't have a cursor, which makes the input not very obvious. Backspace key (delete the last character) does work properly, but also less obvious because we cannot see the current cursor place. If we have several dirs starting with the same letter, need to use Ctrl+Enter to jump to the next occurrence. I remember this shortcut, but no any hint about it is shown in the interface. Please consider to add the arrows (up) and (down) to make the search by first few letters more convenient. Also it would be a good idea to add the commonly used key (F3) as Find Next in the lists.
Desktop: Windows 11 Pro 23H2, TC 11.03(RC). Mobile: Pixel 5a, Android 14, TC 3.42b5