Folder icon for folder and its subfolders

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Folder icon for folder and its subfolders

Post by *Lefteous »

Currently there are these ways in TC to achieve this.

1. Use Explorer folder appearancwe customization. You have to to it for every subfolder and it doesn't automatically work for every new folder.

2. Use the new view modes feature of TC. The downside is that you need to create many many view modes although all you just want to customize folder appearance.

Any ideas or thoughts?
Last edited by Lefteous on 2016-10-06, 07:47 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Do you mean the folder tab icon?

Code: Select all

[ViewModeSwitch]
Enabled=1
0_rules=?*.important
0_mode=1
[ViewModes]
1_name=Important
1_icon=*shell32.dll,66
1_options=-1|-1|0||255|-1|-1
2. Create a file with the extension .important inside the folder to which you want to assign this special icon for the tab header.

Regards
Holger
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Do you mean the folder tab icon?
Yes but if the normal folder icon would also be affected I wouldn't complain.
Create a file with the extension .important inside the folder to which you want to assign this special icon for the tab header.
That's a nice approach but absolutely doesn't solve:
You have to do it for every subfolder and it doesn't automatically work for every new folder.
The downside is that you need to create many many view modes although all you just want to customize folder appearance.
So it actually combines the downsides of both classic approaches. Or did I miss something?
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Lefteous wrote:
The downside is that you need to create many many view modes although all you just want to customize folder appearance.
So it actually combines the downsides of both classic approaches. Or did I miss something?
You need only one view mode for one folder tab icon.
Customizing of directories is done due the existence of the single "_.important" file.
BTW: It would be nice if this could be done with directory.tc.comment contains "important"
Yes but if the normal folder icon would also be affected I wouldn't complain.
BTW2: I am already using file icon customizing via search ">Important"(tc.comment contains "important") in internal association (**) and assigning a special icon like explorer.exe,8.
If this could also be done for directories...

Regards
Holger
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2HolgerK
You need only one view mode for one folder tab icon.
Customizing of directories is done due the existence of the single "_.important" file.
BTW: It would be nice if this could be done with directory.tc.comment contains "important"
In my example it's also one view mode per folder tab icon. And I don't even need a file. I really don't see the advantage so far.

One view mode assignment for all folders would be an improvement (but still cumbersome). Imagine there is a way to store an information which controls the view mode assignment through variable. But you would still need many view modes jsut for the tab icon (one per folder branch).