I'm dreaming of a Linux version of Total Commander

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DärJohannes

I'm dreaming of a Linux version of Total Commander

Post by *DärJohannes »

Yesterday, I installed Ubuntu in parallel on my Windows 10 PC and on my notebook for development purposes.

The tool I am missing the most is Total Commander or anything that comes close. I am not sure whether using wine and TC under Linux really is a good option and if all the plugins will work properly.

I am so happy that I can use a native TC under Windows and Android! :D TC for Android is already running under Android Linux, so maybe the step to an own native Linux version is not so big anymore. And the Linux community is also huge.

At work, I am working with a Mac. There I am also not entirely happy with the available file managers. At least there are good tools like 'Path Finder' or 'Commander One'. But Total Commander for Mac also is a dream for me in this environment, too.

I think I'm addicted to Total Commander! :roll:
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

You're not the one, just try searching the board, there were a lot of similar topics. :wink:
DärJohannes

Post by *DärJohannes »

MVV wrote:...try searching the board, there were a lot of similar topics. :wink:
You're right. The following is a good example: Total Commander versions for Linux and Mac ?
alexk

Post by *alexk »

Fifteen years waiting for a ... dream ))))))
The OS cannot be good enough without total commander )))))
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I tried and failed to create a useful Linux version. Try other programs like the Krusader.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
knsphinx

Post by *knsphinx »

Search for "Double Commander", which comes very close to the TC (for Linux and Windows).
vdijken

Use MidnightCommander

Post by *vdijken »

I also miss TC, I use mc (Midnight Commander). It has quite a lot of basic features like copy, past, view and unpacking tar files.