Display seconds in time in statusbar

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Display seconds in time in statusbar

Post by *wanderer »

How can one display the Seconds of the selected file in the status bar? I use Brief mode. In Full mode, seconds are also not displayed in the column. Is is possible only through custom columns?
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
damieri

Custom columns - Full with seconds

Post by *damieri »

Hello wanderer,

Showing the "seconds" part of file and/or folder timestamps natively (or otherwise) in Windows has been a major annoyance of mine for quite a long time :x

Windows Explorer cannot be configured (for reasons I still cannot comprehend) to show the *SIMPLE* "seconds" part of file or folder timestamps (modified, created, accessed, etc.) but some other (more intelligent IMHO) file managers such as WinRAR do have a setting "Show seconds" in "File list" but others such as 7-Zip File Manager *AND* Total Commander DO *NOT* (again for reasons I still cannot comprehend).

So, being a Total Commander user, the first thing I usually do on my (and other) computers when installing TC is to configure a "Full with seconds" view in "Custom columns" and I usually use TC in this default first (1) "Custom Columns Mode" (Shift-F1). I should actually make a TC Request/Suggestion to make it an INBUILT feature of TC (such as in WinRAR described above).

For example, on my current notebook (Full HD 1920x1080) my wincmd.ini "Custom columns" section with only the one entry "Full with seconds" is:

Code: Select all

[CustomFields]
Widths1=335,40,-60,75,25
Headers1=Size\nDate\nAttr
Contents1=[=tc.size]\n[=tc.writedate.D/M/Y h:m:s]\n[=tc.attributestr]
Options1=1938|0
AutoLoad=0
Titles=Full with seconds
Please try it.

I hope this helps and ghisler(Author) also considers my "Show seconds" request/suggestion internally for TC as above.

Peace.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Custom columns - Full with seconds

Post by *wanderer »

damieri wrote:...configure a "Full with seconds" view in "Custom columns"...
Well, thanks but i have already done the same thing. I was just wondering if there is an INI entry i had missed. I didn't find one in help but you never know...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
a.dr

Re: Custom columns - Full with seconds

Post by *a.dr »

wanderer wrote:
damieri wrote:...configure a "Full with seconds" view in "Custom columns"...
Well, thanks but i have already done the same thing. I was just wondering if there is an INI entry i had missed. I didn't find one in help but you never know...
You can use in place of
[=tc.writedate.D/M/Y h:m:s]
this
[=tc.writedate.D/M/y h:m:s]
and that will remove century from your date(20xx).
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I think it would be nice to customize brief/full view modes, and also status bar in brief view mode using custom column sets... I use brief view mostly (to see more files) and hide tab headers (to save screen space) so only status bar is visible.