Imagine 0.8.4.0 - Image/Animation Lister Plugin for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nyam

Imagine 0.8.4.0 - Image/Animation Lister Plugin for TC

Post by *nyam »

Version 0.8.4.0 'Jul 26 2004
- Toolbar added. (customizable)
- Some delete bug fixed.
- Palette import added.

Version 0.8.4.0 beta 3 'Jul 14 2004
- Stand-alone executable available.
- Transparency set/clear available.
- File format added:
CDR;CDT;PAT;CMX (CorelDRAW Drawing)
- PNG interlaced saving added.
- TGA 32bit alpha value supported.
- Some JPEG error fixed.

Version 0.8.4.0 beta 2 'Mar 18 2004
- Keyboard shortcuts configure available.
- Some bugs of Multiple TIFF were fixed. (Thanks to Clo)
- More texts can be translated.
- Comments in language file(menu,text) available.
- Multiple Icon/Cursor saving added.
- Show zoom factor when image is fitted.
- 16bit color depth conversion available.

Version 0.8.4.0 beta 1 'Feb 26 2004
- 'Display while loading' option added.
- Multilingual support.
- Image information enhancement.
- File list sorting support.
- 'Delete(Direct/Recycle Bin)' menu added.
- 'Reopen' menu added.
- 'Paste' menu added.
- Fixed: 'Preference' shortcut was changed to 'Alt+Enter' again.
- Support saving Progressive JPEG.
Download:
http://www.nyam.pe.kr/dev/imagine/download/Imagine_0.8.4.0.zip

Screenshot:
http://www.nyam.pe.kr/dev/imagine/image/screenshot.GIF

Long time no see...
Last edited by nyam on 2004-07-26, 08:28 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Clo

Updated files---

Post by *Clo »

2nyam
:) Hi Sejin !

* The updated French language-files are already in your mailbox !

:mrgreen: K R
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
nyam

Re: Updated files---

Post by *nyam »

Clo wrote: * The updated French language-files are already in your mailbox !
I updated my language page with your French translation.

Thank you. :)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2nyam
Thank you for the great new version!

Is their a way to configure zooming works?
Example: I have an image here. The image size is 2264x1704. It will be fitted to 22% on my notebook (1024x768). That's fine so far. When I now press "Zoom out" I'll get 70%, which is most likely the size under 100%. Then I press "Zoom in" and get 22% again. I want to zoom in and out depending on the current zoom factor.

Could please wrap the toolbar automatically if the window width isn't sufficient?
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

2nyam
Thank you for the new version! I love the stand-alone feature!

But seems "delete" problem is still there.
After a image file is deleted, it's still on the screen and I can't switch to next file by pressing space. (Sure, the file has been killed.)
Would it be better when a file is deleted, automatically jump to next file, or simply display the blank if there's no image file under the folder?
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

2nyam

Thanks for this great upgrade to Imagine!

I have four suggestions for future versions:

1. Please include a gamma slider in the toolbar. Many images I view with Imagine are too dark to see effectively without temporary gamma adjustment. If a gamma slider was exposed on the toolbar, then I could quickly tweak the image, inspect it, then move on to the next image with a minimum of mouse-clicks.

2. Please allow me to reposition the toolbar to another window border.

3. Please consider adding jpeg lossless transformations capability.

4. And finally, it would be great if I could draw a marque to select a portion of an image, then copy just that portion to the clipboard.

Thanks again for this great plugin!
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Wow! Seems like this was the final step to leave all competitors behind, great job! :)

I think the proposal has been made before, anyway:
What about using the mouse wheel to go to the next/previous picture while pressing CTRL?

Icfu
This account is for sale
djek

Imagine 0.8.4.0

Post by *djek »

Thanks
One of my most used plugins

no requests, ;) I think it's perfect
alek

Post by *alek »

It's just great! Simple and fast.

alek
Opera - simply the best internet experience
www.opera.com
Clo

Awful tool-bar

Post by *Clo »

>>> To All
:) Hello everybody !

• It's nice to get that new version, and a tool-bar is an obvious improvement. However, that tool-bar -like it's actually- isn't satisfactory for me, sorry to bring some critical notes, and do not sing with the chorus fully :
* When adding buttons for commands, I don't get an icon for these commands, but a "?" for all. I get this.
* It seems that there are less icons in the tool-bar bitmap than commands (65 commands, I guess). I asked for add a separator, but isn't added. The buttons were added at the left-end of the bar, while I wanted them at the right end.
* That bitmap is embedded in the program, and not viewable in anyway. The got icons are tiny (16*16) and in the default Delphi style, 4 BPP and not very nice. Personally, I'm unable to distinguish clearly the "Previous" / "Next" file orange arrows on the buttons.
* Currently, it's impossible to change this icon-bitmap.
* It should be great to have a skin-feature, like I proposed already here.
JohnFredC >>> 2. Please allow me to reposition the toolbar to another window border.
• I agree, and I have proposed simply a setting in the Imagine.Ini file as a section like :

Code: Select all

[Toolbar]
ToolBarFile=path\Toolbar1.bmp
;All dimensions below are in pixels
ToolBarHeight=250
ToolBarWidth=25
TranparentBackground=255000255;$FF00FF;Magenta
;Transparent background colour is valid for both active and blurred bars
ToolBarBlurred=path\Toolbar1-blur.bmp
ToolBarPosition=UR
;The toolbar position can be :UpRight - UpLeft - BottomRight - BottomLeft
- Note : that concerned a small vertical mobile tool-bar…
- Such a section -enhanced to other tool-bar settings- should be better than the actual Toolbar.dat file, which is unreadable.
- Ditto for the ShortCut.dat file.

¤ The "RGB" string in the colour-infos (on the status-bar when clicking on a point of pic) isn't translatable still. Ditto for the keyboard-shortcuts in the menu : they are not written in the menu-file, hence not translatable.
- For "Next frame", I've Ctrl+ ????
Ctrl & + num doesn't work. So, it's Ctrl & WHAT ?

¤The image-processing features are nice, but they need an "Undo" command which is missing.

¤ The "stand-alone" feature needs explanations in the Readme…

:P It's enough for that night !

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2004-07-27, 01:57 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Clo
When adding buttons for commands, I don't get an icon for these commands, but a "?" for all. I get this.
* It seems that there are less icons in the tool-bar bitmap than commands (65 commands, I guess).
The plugin contains a bitmap with 66 small pictures. Some of them are actually question marks.
Clo

Odd and worse

Post by *Clo »

2Lefteous
:) Hello!
Some of them are actually question marks
• Thank you, I don't use to rummage in the programs :wink:
* Some are thirteen… and the commands I wished don't work from these buttons (Scroll Next / Previous PAGE).
* There are too much commands: i.e., with XnView / UniView, you have the same buttons for Next / Previous PAGE with a TIFF and for Next / Previous frame with an animated GIF. This is less confusing.

* Odd : I get orange arrows for Next/Previous file, while they are blue on the bitmap you show (a Little Indian bad joke again ?)
- In fact, all "blue" parts (0,0,255 ) are shown as "orange" (232,192,48 ).
* I would much prefer to draw my own tool-bar bitmap, it's worth to be an added feature in a next version. I drawn already such bitmaps for XnView, UniView and others…

:mrgreen: M.f.G.
Claude
Clo
Jon Canale

Post by *Jon Canale »

Nyam, I too, thank you for this plugin - it's great.

I am having one problem, however. I have many Group 4 Fax Encoding 200x200 tif images (drawings of parts) that don't show an image in Imagine at all. The viewing window is blank. They do show in Irfanview, however. It doesn't matter if the viewing sizing is "Fit" or 100%. The only thing I can tell is that Imagine seems to pick up the colors incorrectly. For these kind of tif files, it should be 1 bit, but Imagine shows 40 bit. Maybe that is the problem? (Group 3 and 4 Fax should all be 1 bit=2 color black & white only??)

Also, while I was looking into this, I noticed that you can't have two lister windows with Imagine running. Not a hugh problem to avoid, but when I tried to run a second window, Total Commander locked up and complained to Win2k and I had to "End Now".
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Jon Canale
I noticed that you can't have two lister windows with Imagine running. Not a hugh problem to avoid, but when I tried to run a second window, Total Commander locked up and complained to Win2k and I had to "End Now".
Mh, I cannot confirm this. I'm able to open dozens of imagine lister windows here.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2nyam

thank you for a new version of imagine :)

Her are my comments on Imagine v0.8.4.0:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
1. I allready informed you that Keys N and P could'nt be assigned in Imagine.
I found out the reason why, they're used by TC's internal Lister.

These Keys can't be assigned: F, N, P, W, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, [Ctrl+A], [Ctrl+C], [Ctrl+P], [ESC], [F5], [F7].
These Keys can be assigned, though: A, S, V, [F1].

2. Images fitted to screen can't be srolled, when zoomed. (allready reported)

3. Zooming fitted images starts at normal (unzoomed) state. Why can't this be fixed?
Imagine knows/displays current zoomfactor of fitted images in toolbar. (just curiosity) :roll:

4. Leftclicking in image displays X/Y coordinates, RGB values and Palette index on Statusbar.
This information remains when displaying next/prev. image. Should be cleared when image
changes (toggling Statusbar off/on does this, though). This Function (Infodisplay on leftclick) does'nt work with fitted images.

5. Rightclick menu displays checkmarks for Statusbar, Fullscreen and the like. Toolbar does'nt have one.

6. When saving an image to a new file, filename extension is always uppercase. Case should be
same as of original file.

7. When in Quickview mode and after invoking Imageinfo, EXIF info or Filter browser, imagine does'nt
respond to keyboard input anymore.

8. Translation issues:

:arrow: Statusbar, Field [x%(Fitted)], space to short for translationstring

:arrow: Preferences/Shortcuts, Button [Reset all], to short for translationstring

:arrow: Preferences/Toolbar, Button [Reset all], to short for translationstring

:arrow: EXIF Info, Button [Copy to Clipboard], to short for translationstring

:arrow: EXIF Info, Tags column, to short for translationstring, while Value column holds more space than necessary.
Since the column width is adjustable, Imagine should save user adjusted settings.

:arrow: Preferences/Color, Transparent Background/Pattern/Browse, Information is displayed
in english, translation possible?

:arrow: Preferences/Shortcut, Commands are displayed in english, translation possible?

:arrow: Preferences/Toolbar, Commands are displayed in english, translation possible?

:arrow: Filter Browser, text is displayed in english, translation possible?

Suggestions:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
A. An option in preferences to allow imagine to startup fullscreen immediately
(i.e. no need to press [Enter], XnView/ACDSee alike). ;)

B. Change option [Don't notify end/begin of directory] to [Wrap around at end/start of directory],
i.e. wether imagine should jump to first/last file at start/end of directory.
I prefer the viewer to not 'wrap around', so currently i must set the option [Don't notify..]
to off and allways have to answer the anoying prompt with "NO". Setting [Don't notify..] to on
let's imagine wrap around without giving a choice.

C. An option in preferences to hide mouse in fullscreen (and be visible only while pressing down [Ctrl]).

D. Preferences/Shortcuts: Button [Reset all] should be placed at bottom right in menu, as you click
it by accident easyly when trying to click on Button [Remove]. Additionally Imagine should prompt
wether to reset all keys to avoid accidential execution.

Regards, deus-ex. :)