Imagine 0.8.4.0 - Image/Animation Lister Plugin for TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2norfie
There are users of Imagine today and maybe this users don't like to change the location of imagine.ini (because they don't know what a ini-file is or for other reasons). This users shouldn't to be forced to do anything only, because Imagine is able to save its own ini-file in different locations. There are many other solutions: first looking for ini in plugin-dir, if no ini-file found, then looking for ini in wincmd.ini-dir, if no ini-file found, then create a new one in wincmd.ini-dir or in plugin-dir.
It sounds like even more chaos to me. Sometimes it's good to drop an old solution and this the time to do it. I hope it's not to late!
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2Clo
Hello fellow,
did'nt you receive my email concerning Imagine issue?

(Appologies for abusing this thread a bit.)
Regards, deus-ex.
Clo

Not received

Post by *Clo »

2deus-ex
:) Hello !
Sorry, I didn't. Maybe it has been filtered at my IP-mailbox.
- Please, send it again from the board here, and add IMAGINE in the subjet (as is, uppercase). I'll check my mail-box soon.
- Since the P.M. are disabled, you don't abuse, you can't do else.

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

2Clo

Hello there,
check your box. :)

Hope it worked out now.

Regards, deus-ex.
Clo

That worked!

Post by *Clo »

2deus-ex
Hi again !
All is right, I reply to you.
:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@Lefteous:
I don't see a difference between developers and users view here.
The difference is that from my (user's) point of view I don't care if something is running as a dll or a program. I treat plugins and programs the same, I expect configs in %appdata% or %allusersprofile%\appdata, not in \windows or \programs. I like the scheme provided by Microsoft being ignored by TC unfortunately.

It's funny to see that on one hand people don't want the registry to save settings although it's the perfect "all in one place" container and on the other hand want to throw all ini files in one dir regardless of how complex plugins are. I think SCHMaster has explained pretty well why this is no good idea for complex plugins.
We'll these directories are not thought to store files containing program instructions.
It works like a charm here. My TC directory doesn't contain any configurable items anymore (besides LANGUAGE, BARS, TOTALCMD.INC*sigh*). All TC related stuff (plugins, Tools, etc...) is stored in %appdata%\Total Commander.
It's no good idea in professional environments, true, but this is the problem of TC as it doesn't respect NT operating systems. TC installs to c:\wincmd by default, all thoughts about how it could be done better are a waste of time. I can't imagine a solution for plugins alone when antique behaviour is not killed first.
The funny thing is that system default is already provided to the plugins, but some plugins authors don't care about this.
I like that they don't respect it because implementation is crappy and neither user nor admin friendly (for me).
I hate fsplugin.ini storing crap from different plugins all in one place. It's a real mess.
That's an argument to make it configurable. Good suggestions are welcome.
You will welcome them, sure, but that doesn't help unfortunately.
You cannot be happy with the current situation (it's pure chaos) too, right?
Indeed, that's right. But plugin system is only one out of 100 things that annoy me day after day.

My proposals how things could be done better were overheard by ghisler most of the time, just like yours so why continue to put efforts in it?
I have better things to do than fighting for the impossible, getting tired of all this, sorry. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-11, 12:34 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Buy a decent pumpgun and play Kurt Cobain or visit a zoo and screw a horny camel. I really don't care.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Genghis86

Post by *Genghis86 »

When Space/Backspace to navigate files through current directory, the titlebar of Lister is not updated. It always shows the file that was first opened.
Clo

Fine @ home---

Post by *Clo »

2Genghis86
:) Hello !
• Not confirmed; that works just fine @ home under Win 98SE (Fr.), and under XP-Pro (Fr.). I tested with pic-dirs. containing various kinds of file-names (short 8.3 and long names >8.3), small and big images, various extensions.
* You might try to close all and reboot the PC, it could be a problem caused by too low resources…

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Genghis86

Post by *Genghis86 »

I have Imagine 0.8.0.0, sorry
nyam

Post by *nyam »

norfie wrote:2nyam
Thanx for your great plugin. :D
Thanks.
norfie wrote: One wish:
Is it possible, that your plugin locate its own ini-file in same dir like wincmd.ini?
see also: Wish: Plugin-Ini-Path same like WINCMD.INI-path
(and some discussions about this issue
PDFFilter - Thank you! Thank you!
CD-Ripper 1.2)
But I'll not do that.
an ini-file that is located other folder can make system dirty.
nyam

Post by *nyam »

Genghis86 wrote:How about an option for "Use Resample instead of resize for fitting"?
When you use QuickView or Lister, Imagine "fits" the image into the available client area, but uses resize algorithm instead of resample, which leads to quality loss.
I have no plans about it.
It'll take long time to implement.
Last edited by nyam on 2004-08-08, 07:34 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
nyam

Post by *nyam »

Black Dog wrote: [face=courier]
Dear nyam, what about mouse action customizetion and default full screan view on "F3"?
[/face]
Mouse action customization will take long time to implement.
I'll not change the default key setting of full screen.
(If you want 'F3', you can change the default setting as you want.)

And I'll not see the posts that is not a default font.
(It is a crap. OK?)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2nyam
But I'll not do that.
an ini-file that is located other folder can make system dirty.
lister plugin documentation wrote:Suggested location+name of the ini file where the plugin could store its data. This is a fully qualified path+file name, and will be in the same directory as the wincmd.ini. It's recommended to store the plugin data in this file or at least in this directory, because the plugin directory or the Windows directory may not be writable!