TC 9.0 and VeraCrypt

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2c2walter

What does the Disk Manager (run diskmgmt.msc) show?

What is your setting for "Hide empty drives in Computer folder" in Windows Explorer's Folder settings? - if this is enabled that could explain why your drive G is not shown in Explorer.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
c2walter

Post by *c2walter »

CopyCats,

Thank you for your input. I will look at the link you provided. I though of your suggestion regarding moving the assignments. However, I have two issues: (1) I only have I, J, and L as open drive letters as the other drive are assigned (work-related and not under my control and (2) there are automated processes that are hard-coded with those drives and I do not touch Production level code unless I have to (not-withstanding the bureacrasy involved).

Petermad,

I brought up Explorer again and drives G & H are there although they should not be. Clicking on G refers to a location that is unavailable and H asks to insert a disk although in what, where is the question. TC9.0 does show H & G which is valid but it also shows B, the former VeraCrypt drive that I unmounted. I also killed the VeraCrypt application but TC stil shows the drive. The "Hide empty" checkbox is NOT checked.

I am going to reboot my machine and review TC9 without VeraCrypt around and see what comes of it. I migrated to VeraCrypt from TrueCrypt for the supposed added security but if it not behaving correctly (and TC is illustrating that rather than having issues), I may have to revert and look for other solutions (my installation does not yet support BitLocker for native OS encryption).

Thank you for your feedback.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have tried Veracrypt on Windows 7 now too, but didn't find any problems, even when using drive B: for the mounted volume.

Did you change any of the default settings? There are two main settings dialogs:
Settings - Preferences
Mount - Mount Options
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
c2walter

Post by *c2walter »

I have made no changes to setting in VeraCrypt other than the checkbox to mount favorites when the host media is detected.

I just went through another round of testing. With TC set to run under administrator privileges, the container that is mapped to "J" is visible as "J" in TC. For the container that is mapped as "L" does not show up as "L" but as "G".

Image: http://i66.tinypic.com/2uzpi5c.jpg

When Privilege Level is not checked, :L: appears as expected but "G" is also there. Windows Explorer still does not record a "G" drive.

Since it cannot be replicated, I will now try to deal with it
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have no problems mounting multiple volumes. However, I did it manually. Are you able to mount two volumes as J and L manually, by double clicking the filename.hc file and entering the password?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com