Text selection changes in copy/move window on focus change

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

richy9203

Text selection changes in copy/move window on focus change

Post by *richy9203 »

Scenario:
  1. Using TC 9.0a RC1 (but this behaviour was also in TC 9.00 final, but not in earlier versions).
  2. Give the command to copy or move a file, so the copy or move window appears.
  3. The text of the path to where it is being copied/moved is selected completely. Now move the text cursor, so the text is not selected and the text cursor is not at the end of the text anymore.
  4. Focus the window of another application, so TC doesn't have the focus anymore.
  5. Go back to the TC window. The text cursor is at the end of the text and all the text is selected again.
This behaviour was different in earlier versions of TC. The text cursor would be at the same location and the text would not be selected, so it was still the same before changing focus.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Perhaps it is changed due to replacing edit field with combobox.
richy9203

Post by *richy9203 »

Possibly, I hadn't noticed it is a combobox now, but I'm finding the behaviour to be annoying, so if it could be changed to the previous behaviour, that would be awesome.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Confirmed. Although I checked the copy dialog during the beta test, I didn't notice that. I hope this can be fixed, but I'm not sure. It's the same in the search dialog (Alt+F7), which also uses a combobox.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is unfortunately standard behaviour of comboboxes, try e.g. the name field in the multi-rename tool.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
richy9203

Post by *richy9203 »

OK, I guess it won't be fixed/can't be fixed then, thank you for your time and answer.