Different behaviour manipulating text cursor with Ctrl-Arrow

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

richy9203

Different behaviour manipulating text cursor with Ctrl-Arrow

Post by *richy9203 »

I'm using TC 9.0a RC1, although I saw this behaviour also in previous versions, but never bothered to report it.

I see different behaviour when manipulating the text cursor with at least Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right, and possibly also with other key combinations. When I'm trying to copy or move a file, using Ctrl-Left or Ctrl-Right in the input field of the path where to copy the file to, the text cursor will halt at a dot and an underscore (and also at a space and a dash).

However, when changing the name of the file, using Ctrl-Left or Ctrl-Right the text cursor will halt at a space and a dash, but not at a dot or underscore.

In my opinion this difference in behaviour is not logical.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC does special handing in the F5/F6 dialogs, because they usually have complete paths. The inplace rename edit box usually only contains the file name and therefore doesn't do that extra processing.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
richy9203

Post by *richy9203 »

So... does that mean you don't want to look into it?

Because you are editing text in both circumstances, I think most people expect the text processing would behave the same, not differently, wouldn't you agree?