Synchronise Dirs... by content issue

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

behradz

Synchronise Dirs... by content issue

Post by *behradz »

Not sure this is a bug. It can be called an area for improvement at least.

When you compere two folders and select 'By Content', it compares files by content to call it equal or not-equal

When two files have different sizes, it still compare their contents while this is not necessary because the result is always expected to be unequal.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Not confirmed.
I've put some large files with same names but another contents and size into another dir (total size 21 GB), and comparison have been finished immediately.
Also I've copied some large file to another dir and appended 3 zero bytes to the copy (6 GB file with only 3 extra bytes at the end of one file), and again comparison have been finished immediately.
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Cannot confirm, either. Here (i am using TC64 9.0a), files will not be compared by content if file sizes differ.

I would suggest you share a screenshot with all your synchronization settings. This helps tremendously in trying to understand and reproduce your problem....