Compare WDX plugin field values in Find Files

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Compare WDX plugin field values in Find Files

Post by *Hacker »

Hi Christian, *.*,
This is based on a request in Slovak / Czech forum.
I would like to suggest to be able to use a value like [=tc.writedate] under Find Files - Plugins - Value. This way one could eg. find all files for which the Modified date is different from the Created date or with a bit of voodoo magic find files whose Modified timestamp differs from the timestamp in their actual file name.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I think it has been requested before? At least I found a mockup which had the idea of adding some operators which changes the content of the value part into another plugin selection.

http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/ideas/matches_plugin_value.png

But as these operators would more or less just be the same as the current operators there could also be another idea. What about making the 'Value' field more flexible? The well known + button could be added right to the value text field (but the user could of course enter it by hand).
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Lefteous,
The well known + button could be added right to the value text field (but the user could of course enter it by hand).
Yes, that's what I had in mind.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
RndUser

Re: Compare WDX plugin field values in Find Files

Post by *RndUser »

I second this suggestion.
You'd be able to find uncompressed PNG files by comparing [=imgsize.pixel] with [=tc.size]. If the file size is larger than the amount of pixels, the PNG file is uncompressed. Then you can only compress these files instead of all.