Custom views and colors

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Perplexer

Custom views and colors

Post by *Perplexer »

I've been using Total Commander for some time but I never explored it in-depth so instead of perhaps wasting my time I would rather ask this question here ....

Basically, I have a folder called "Music" somewhere on my HD and it contains MP3 and FLAC files. I'd like to know if it's possible to configure TC in such a way that when I enter that folder (D:/Media/Music), certain special rules kick in and TC displays the MP3 files in red and FLAC files in green, for example. And the same for sub-folders there in Music. "Artist - Title (MP3)" folder would be colored red while "Artist - Title (FLAC)" folder would be colored green (according to the keywords/strings *MP3* and *FLAC* that are each set for a particular color in configuration). These colorings (and maybe other special filters) would only be active in the "Music" folder. Once I leave the Music folder, the default settings should be used again (black fonts, no coloring, etc.).

Is something like that possible ?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Yes - it is possible.

You first have to save a search for *.mp3 files where you use the Plugins tab to set the tc plugin to contain the path to D:/Media/Music

Thereafter you use the "Define colors by file type" function (in the Colors configuration) to make a rule based on the saved search.

You the do the same for *.fla files

For the folders you save a search where you leave the "Search for" fieeld blank and use the Advanced tab to select Attributes -> Directories and the Plugins tab to set the path to contain MP3 / FLAC keyword.

If you also want special backgrounds, sorting, columns etc you can make that wit the Custom View setting combined with the Auto switch mode for the particular directory.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar